what is good to eat

Options
i feel like ive been eating just vegetable all the time im loseing weight so not complaining but whats some others on here eat like say for dinner or for lunch?

Replies

• anna_milonas
    anna_milonas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP 3 weeks ago but I am down 10lbs...I have been able to eat almost the same thing as my family for dinner as long as I portion it out. I had chicken tacos tonight with 4oz of meat...i didn't put cheese on it and used the small tortillas. I do keep fish in the freezer for pizza nights when i know i would be way over my calories
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same things I've always eaten....only less of it. I weigh and measure my foods and eat what I've always eaten, but make it fit in my calorie allotment. We had pizza for dinner Friday, grilled chicken wings last night, and lasagna tonight. It's all about making it fit.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Food. You. Like. To. Eat.
    Seriously. It is that easy. :D
    For me that's beans, rice, pasta, fruits, veggies, lentils, soy milk, seitan, and all the veggies.

What are your favorites? Eat them!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chicken, shrimp, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, pork tenderloin, fish...

(I ignored the fruits and veggies since it sounds like you already have those covered...)
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone this info does help im down 10 lbs in 24 days but ive been very strict on myself as ive gained way too much after having my two kids . feels good though to see other people loseing weight om here and not eating like a rabit lol
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Hah, sometimes you have to eat like a rabbit in order to eat the things you love! And eating like a rabbit isn't a bad thing - salads prepared properly can be delicious. Plus you can eat lots of stuff that rabbits can't eat. Just weigh everything, keep serious track of what you are eating, and stay within the boundaries. If you are craving a Big Mac, know that it's 600 calories and adjust the rest of the day accordingly. And don't forget to exercise, even if it's just walking in place in front of the television.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Rabbit food is a useful and healthy tool. To help you make room for delicious but less healthy food. :)

For example, I can go to McDonald's and have a quarter pounder like I used to, but now I'll swap the fries for a side salad. Totally fits into my day. Similarly I'll top half a frozen pizza with extra veggies and some low fat cheese on top of those, and have a salad on the side. Huge meal, really filling, but my head just thinks "mmm pizzaaa"
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love my meat and that fills me up best of all!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i feel like ive been eating just vegetable all the time im loseing weight so not complaining but whats some others on here eat like say for dinner or for lunch?

my lunches need to be portable for work (I have a microwave here) they are generally around 400 calories
    - a meditteranean vegetable style stew (with squash, carrots, zuccini, eggplant, mushroom, tomatoes), rice and cheddar cheese
    - a squash risotto and salad leaves
    - a ham or chicken salad sandwich
    - lentil samba, vietnamese noodle curry or similar over salad leaves
    plus 0% greek yogurt and berries

or leftovers from the night before .. in the summer it changes up and I eat a lot of salad nicoise / chicken salads etc
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hah, sometimes you have to eat like a rabbit in order to eat the things you love! And eating like a rabbit isn't a bad thing - salads prepared properly can be delicious. Plus you can eat lots of stuff that rabbits can't eat. Just weigh everything, keep serious track of what you are eating, and stay within the boundaries. If you are craving a Big Mac, know that it's 600 calories and adjust the rest of the day accordingly. And don't forget to exercise, even if it's just walking in place in front of the television.

chuckles
  • roystonmcgee
    roystonmcgee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.... Except pizza which I find very difficult to moderate :(
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    does it matter if you go over on your protein carbs and or surgar that mfp allows you per day that seems to be my challenge i add a little more calories then my protein and or surger goes up i dont seems to have a lot of issues with the carbs going up but it drives me mad trying to get it just right any advice ?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe a little protein and dietary fat perhaps...

There's more to nutrition than just veggies...veggies are great and you should be getting plenty of them...but protein is hugely important and dietary fat is right up there as well when you're talking about proper nutrition.

Maybe throw some chicken on your salads...use some full fat dressing...munch on some almonds as a snack...have some salmon and brown rice for dinner...stuff like that.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    does it matter if you go over on your protein carbs and or surgar that mfp allows you per day that seems to be my challenge i add a little more calories then my protein and or surger goes up i dont seems to have a lot of issues with the carbs going up but it drives me mad trying to get it just right any advice ?

Calories are what matter for weight loss.

Macros (carbs/fat/protein) help with things like hunger, body composition, energy, and health. Going over or under on those shouldn't affect your weight loss. And MFP tends to set their protein goal a little low anyway, so many of us advise trying to go over it every day.

Sugar and sodium are the other two tracked by default on the web version. Honestly, I don't know why they picked those two. If you have no medical reasons to track either, going over won't make a big difference. I swapped sugar out for tracking fiber early on.

• gilramirez14
    Options
    Thanks yeah I think I'm going to try to just follow the calorie allotted here and not the rest of it because its very low on the protein allotment and the others too but I try lol
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Homemade fried buffalo chicken bites on salad with blue cheese crumbles.
    Pizza.
    Sandwiches.
    Shepherd' Pie.
    Sometimes ice cream. I'm an adult.

Really, you can eat anything you want! Just moderate it into your calorie goals. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Here was/is my day:

Breakfast: a toasted English muffin with butter, cheddar cheese and 2 scrambled eggs.
    Lunch: strawberries, a protein bar and some salted caramel almonds
    Dinner: roasted chicken breast with baby red potatoes and broccoli
    Dessert: cookies and cream Quest bar

So it's food I enjoy, as much fit into my calorie/macro goals. My diary is wide open for ideas.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Soups are great low-calorie meals that can fill you up. There are a ton of recipes on Pinterest and many of them are even made in a crock pot. I tend to make a large pot of soup on Sunday and then bring it for my lunches during the week. Today was chicken and dumplings - yum!

Also, look around at people's diaries. There are so many people here who have successfully lost weight and are eating MANY, MANY different things - I love looking at people's diaries to get ideas!
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Wow that's sounds awesome since I joined Ive been trying to follow mfp to the T and getting very board with foods I've been eating I'm gonna add some extra stuff in I go out to eat once a week but been so careful the rest of the week great to know other loading weight eating foods they enjoy
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Wow that's sounds awesome since I joined Ive been trying to follow mfp to the T and getting very board with foods I've been eating I'm gonna add some extra stuff in I go out to eat once a week but been so careful the rest of the week great to know other loading weight eating foods they enjoy

Yeah, as long as you're not exceeding your daily calorie goals, and as long as you're eating a relatively balanced diet to get enough nutrition, the rest is really up to you. Have fun with it -- eat the foods you enjoy. I eat chocolate pretty much every day 'cause I love it, and I'm losing weight anyway. Just watch the quantities and portion sizes.