female lifter

Options
Hello,

I am a 35 yr old female weight lifter.I started training about 3 mos ago and am very dedicated to training and eating right.Hope to one day compete. I am looking for like minded friends. MFP has been SO VERY HELPFUL with my diet and I have met some very interesting motivational and informed ppl on here. Looking to meet more. ttyl

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Hey, best of luck. It looks like you have had great success already. I use MFP to track my nutrition as well. I have always worked out but using this has allowed me to really tune in my diet.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting with StrongLifts for almost 3 months now, and I love it. I've been on MFP for nearly a year now, lost most of the weight that I need to lose, and now I'm eating at maintenance or a little under to build strength until the end of summer. I am planning to do bulk/cut cycles then. Friend me if you would like :)
  • dedred1
    dedred1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im 44, a woman & I am just starting out on my journey to fitness, Ive been lifting for 5 weeks now & already see a change in my shape & can feel my 'muscles'. Wouldn't say I'd compete but hey, ya never know lol. Im on a diet but don't really know what to eat with lifting. Im a hefty 189lbs now at 5ft 6 & wanna lose at least 60lbs but also know muscle is heavier than fat. Any tips on exercise/lifting to tone the stomach would be fab. My stomach has been cut twice with operations both across & down & I have an 'apron belly' so to speak. I wish you all the best in your own little fitness missions people & have fun :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Try this group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/771-women-strength-training

It has been very useful for me.

Good luck in your journey