Silken Tofu Dinner Recipe?

Options
1992Leigh1992
1992Leigh1992 Posts: 100 Member

I am looking for savoury dinner recipes using silken tofu.
I have heard of people using it in lasangaa, quiche, casseroles and lentil burgers, but haven't found many recipes for this. Any suggestions would be much-loved.

Things I do not have:

-A food processor

-Flour

Replies

• waxflower
    Options
    An easy one is to make a stir-fry. Basically, find any recipe you like and replace the meat with your tofu (cut into chunks). I usually don't bother with a recipe and throw in whatever veggies I have on hand, rice or leftover plain noodles, seasonings and soy sauce. Sometimes an egg, though that's usually if I don't have other meat or protein in there. Fast, easy, yummy.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I would use it anyplace egg or cheese is called for, maybe break it down in a food processor to get a more spreadable/liquidy consistency. I believe there's a way to use it to make fake egg salad if that's your thing...

I've only ever used it for dessert, though...I prefer firm tofus for savory dishes.
  • peaceful_minion
    peaceful_minion Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I mix the tofu with a packet of taco seasoning (or make my own taco seasoning) layer it up with black beans, corn, and cheddar cheese into an egg roll wrap. Lightly brush egg roll with oil and bake until crispy. Serve with sour cream and salsa for dipping. Even my die-hard meat and potatoes friends request this cause its soo tasty.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try marinading it first, I do it while I'm at work. Soysauce and lemon juice with some ginger and garlic added. Then sautee it til golden brown and toss through salad or stirfry. We also put it in with vegies and add a can of tomatoes and spices (basil, paprika, more garlic, salt and pepper. Yummy. Firm is best though if you can get it.