What to do after a binge.

Options
Now if someone loses track and binges, what should he/she do after? Should the next step be to stick to the diet plan, or skip a couple of snaks here and there. I know some will say burn it of (excersize), which is most likely the best mode of action but lets keep it strictly to meals and snaks. And if anyone got any nice tips it will be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Acknowledge you binged, log it, forgive yourself, and move on. The moment after a binge is a new day. :)
  • fitgirlrealness
    fitgirlrealness Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is what I do after a binge, I usually go binge free for weeks and stick to a really clean diet but sometimes I can eat plenty of chips or cupcakes and stuff like that but honestly it won't ruin your progress so you just need to breathe and relax and drink some water and continue your day as usual don't try to subtract calories from other meals it'll just freak you out just go as normal and try to eat healthier and exercise the next day :-)
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Weigh and measure all your food, have a food plan for every day, and when you over eat, just log it and move on. As long as your total calories over time are in a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Log the binge and move on. Stressing over it might just lead to another binge which wouldn't be very productive. In my opinion the best thing you can do is log it, forgive yourself, and just go back to sticking to your calorie goals the next day.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    accept that it happened and try to move on. If it happens often, find out the root of the binging, (depression,too extreme of a deficit,etc) some people will try to throw in extra cardio, or cut the calories down for the rest of the week but i find it unnecessary. One binge wont ruin progress .
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Log it. Cannot stress that enough.
    Then, move on.