Running - numb foot?

Options
My foot has been getting tingly and numb as I try to increase speed on the treadmill. Does this happen to any other runners? My shoes still have good support.

Replies

• sparkles212
    Options
    This happens to me too, my left foot especially. Did you have your trainers specially fitted at a running store? I'm told this is a common reason for it happening and whilst my trainers were very expensive and are proper running shoes I'm thinking they might not like my feet..!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Since I went to a specialty running store to find shoes my feet have been much happier. It could be that they may be too tight and feet swell a bit when you exercise.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem with shoes that were too tight in the toebox (I had no idea). I was sized for shoes (happened to be a specialty running store) and recommended for a few various pairs that they let me run around in to see which ones felt best. Since then I no longer have that problem.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »
    Since I went to a specialty running store to find shoes my feet have been much happier. It could be that they may be too tight and feet swell a bit when you exercise.

Agree with this. They put me in a wide shoe and a full size larger than I would buy for myself because your feet swell when you run.

There are also alternate lacing techniques, which I use because I have a very wide forefoot:
    http://katierunsthis.com/2011/10/04/running-shoe-lacing-techniques/
  • sparkles212
    Options
    Thanks for the link auddii, gonna try a new lacing techniques until I can afford to get some more running shoes