CHALLENGE TO SELF: WALK 20 MILES IN JUNE

Options
I am challenging myself to walk 20 miles in June. What about you? This is the first physical challenge I've given myself... need motivation!

Replies

• kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I just picked up running and sent myself a similar challenge of running a total of 50miles. !! good luck and have fun with it !
  • aerynholly
    aerynholly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Good luck! You might even beat it.
  • kucherae
    kucherae Posts: 1
    Options
    Break it down to see how far you'll have to walk each day. Maybe choose one day a week when you're going to walk a little less to give yourself a break. That way, if you miss a day you'll know how much you have to make up over the next few days.

You can do it!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Me too. I did it in April but messed up in May.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Depends where you are & life style I guess, I walk about 10 miles a week, sometimes more sometimes less

I find just walking to the shops [or pub] instead of car or bus does the job for me, weather dependent of course
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal to aim for. (: I usually walk about 2 mi a day and have enjoyed it immensely because my health has improved and it's a great way to de-stress.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agree with Farway, it is achievable if you just walk that much more instead of driving... and it gives you a space to think and plan as you walk. Walking is easier on knees and hips than most other exercises - except perhaps swimming! I have never been athletic, but knew I needed to challenge myself more to get out of the obese BMI range, and have committed to doing the Race for Life 5k, which I will be walking/running. And a 10 mile great run at the end of October. Sometimes the thought of having to do these is the only thing that makes me go out and do a brisk walk/slow jog to build up my stamina. So good luck with your challenge, you can do this.
  • dlhb89
    dlhb89 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm 24 years old and 241 pounds... it's time for a change!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have 2.5 miles as of last night.