a bit annoyed

Options
i thought i had done well foodwise and exercise-wise this week but i have lost a total of didlly squat....i had good losses the last 2 weeks....is there anything i can do to get back on the weight loss train....i have a dress to get into for august and i would like to get a nice outfit for my birthday in april

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    weigh and log your food accurately
    move more

do the above and don't worry about scale not moving one week .. stalls are very common and can be due to change in exercise, hormones, extra sodium in diet .. if you're doing everything properly it's more than likely water weight fluctuations

keep going and weigh yourself in another week
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    this ^

look at what you've eaten too, have you eaten as healthily as you think? Don't worry about you're weight week to week, I haven't lost anything this week but my 5k running time is improving! Focus on other goals, not just weight :)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    From what I've read around here, weight loss is not linear. You will not lose weight every single week, and if you do it won't be the same amount.

You may want to use other metrics like measurements, pictures, and how you fit your clothing to help you for the weeks when the scale is stuck or moves slightly upwards.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. You need to account for water retention and daily fluctuations. Keep doing what you're doing, it will come.