Motivation buddies wanted for looking fantastic at 50?

Options
cherys
cherys Posts: 387 Member
Hi
Anyone around age 50 with 10-30lbs to lose care to join me? I'm 154lbs and want to be 130 or less. Not really enjoyed turning 50. I feel fat and invisible. Time to turn this around!

My excuses so far:
Very sedentary but demanding job
Running partner moved away
I eat too much and never diet
Tough year with close family death, illness and other pressures - started comfort eating and stopped exercising.

My goals:
Lose 20lbs by end of May
Cut out all sugar and fatty processed foods
Get toned with Jillian Michaels DVDs
Get back into running and find a running partner

I'd love to hear from you if you have a similar amount to lose and are a similar age. Anyone who wants to feel and look fantastic at 50 instead of grumpy and frumpy - join in.

Replies

• vadakay614
    Options
    Hi I am 50 something and am looking for some motivation. I don't want to join a gym but need someone to keep me accountable.
  • cherys
    Options
    Hi Vadakay

Thanks for your reply. How much do you want to lose? Are you following a diet or just logging food in mfp?

An MFP member called barbiecat posted this inspirational quote:
    People who don't succeed trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.
    It's been in my head all day. Stick to what you want most not what you at this moment. Makes it easier to say no to snacks and wine etc.

• lmaschreck
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I found MFP very helpful. Great way to stay accountable plus lots of friends to help motivate. Great quote cherys!
  • LWakeman
    Options
    Hi guys.
    I would love to join this chat.
    I would like to lose 20-30 lbs....even more eventually, but that's a great start.
    I plan to use MFP to keep food in check & plan to also use my Jillian Micheals DVDS &/or Shaun T &/or Yoga.

The key for me will be actually DOING the exercise regularly 2-3x per week.....I can always find an excuse or simply putter the day away!

Feel free to ride my *kitten*!
    Lol
    Momma needs to get busy!!
  • andreadeck509
    Options
    I am 47 and would love to join this group. I'm just starting today. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. I'm just not motivated and need a kick in the tush!
  • plunkett2
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone around age 50 with 10-30lbs to lose care to join me? I'm 154lbs and want to be 130 or less. Not really enjoyed turning 50. I feel fat and invisible. Time to turn this around!

My excuses so far:
    Very sedentary but demanding job
    Running partner moved away
    I eat too much and never diet
    Tough year with close family death, illness and other pressures - started comfort eating and stopped exercising.

My goals:
    Lose 20lbs by end of May
    Cut out all sugar and fatty processed foods
    Get toned with Jillian Michaels DVDs
    Get back into running and find a running partner

I'd love to hear from you if you have a similar amount to lose and are a similar age. Anyone who wants to feel and look fantastic at 50 instead of grumpy and frumpy - join in.

• cherys
    Options
    Morning! It's great to see a few people joining. Hi Ima, Andrea, Plunkett and LWakeman.

I suggest we check in every day and have open food and exercise charts so we can help each other out if things aren't shifting. Weigh in once a week?

My fitness plan today is to do both Extreme Shed and Shred 1 & 2. Did each one separately over the week but now it's time for both. (2 was so hard if you have weak arm muscles.)
    Jillian Michaels gets results. Highly recommended if people don't want to go to the gym. Pretty much any of her DVDs work fast!

Motivation for the Day:
    Find a reward you love that's not food based and have it after dinner to say well done to yourself. I read somewhere that people who fail at things they want to do don't praise themselves enough along the way. (Guilty of that.)

I'm going to do a mini facial. Get the steamer out and a hydrating mask to help my skin lose its greyness.

Post ideas for non food treats here.