Time To Get Healthy!

Options
Hello Everyone :)

I'm a 27 year old carrying about 30 extra pounds. I'm 5'11 and about 195 pounds. I'd like to get myself down to 175 to at least get into my healthy weight range for my height. The weight has come on gradually over the years - desk job, stress of planning a wedding - have I mentioned I'm an emotional eater? Unfortunately, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I went in for a physical and found out I was at 209! I've lost about 15 pounds since moving abroad for a fellowship and I want to continue on this path to healthy. I've joined a gym and am doing cardio at least 3 times a week. My biggest struggle is FOOD. I live in Montenegro and I'm kind of limited in my cuisine. The diet here is meat, bread, and cheese heavy. I'm a pescetarian so I've unfortunately been eating a lot of carbs. I'm trying to replace that with more beans and fish. Any helpful advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated :)

- Britt

Replies

• roshui
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I would say to lose weight in a sustainable way takes time and that's a difficult exercice. By seing how often you go to the gym, you obviously took a new way to live and prob to eat? I guess when u go quite often to workout you tend less to eat crap in quantity?BTW good luck in your objective, you can do it :)