1400 calorie diet including exercise

Options
I have 10lbs to lose and I'm 5ft1. I've tried to lose weight with higher calories but getting no where. This is when I've included exercise calories as I do work out a lot. I was thinking of changing to 1400 calories per day which would include my exercise calories. I do 1 Insanity class,
1or 2 body attack classes, 1 or 2 bodypump classes and at least 1.5 hour cv at gym with weight machines. I've always been a keen exerciser but I'm not losing weight just staying the same. Any thoughts as I was eating around 1800 calories per day.

Replies

• Missbodyrocker
    Options
    Can I just add this is per week.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well if you have been staying the same then you have found your maintenance calories so thats a great place to start. Since you only have 10 lbs to lose you should be shooting for losing half a lb a week or less. 250 calorie deficit a day will lose half a pound a week. I would start with 1500-1600 cals a day, give it a few week and see how you progress, then adjust from there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your logging is accurate? Weighing your food? If so then drop it to 1600 calories and try that for a couple of weeks.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable to me. People magazine does a new piece now where celebrities share their typical daily diet and a nutritionist comments. Recently there was a 5'1" woman who maintains around 1400-some, with exercise. The next week was a 5'7" woman, who maintains around 1700 with exercise. These are maintenance levels.