first week back, lost no weight

Options
I thought I did really well this week. I watched what I ate, logged every bit. I have a big calorie deficit but lost zero pounds. I think my food log is open, if anyone has some tips on what they think may have been the problem. I am really trying to get it right this week, so am open to suggestions for change.

Thanks.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keep up the good work, sometimes good things take time :smile:
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The 6,085 mg of sodium on Saturday probably has you retaining fluid for the next couple days.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It has only been a week. It takes three to four weeks to (from my experience) to get your body adapted to new changes you are doing to it... Eating less calories and exercising.

I would give it more time, keep doing your plan and tweak it if after three or four weeks you have not noticed any shifts. Also the scale can play tricks on you if you weigh daily or even every week. I weigh every two weeks but log my weight after 4 weeks.

A big one here... watch the sodium and drink plenty of water! Big key here for us women as we have hormonal fluctuations and water weight retention..
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I actually JUST wrote a little blog about this, and what the factors could be... maybe it will make you feel better!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JS-Fitness-Solutions-LLC/818621728178187?ref=hl
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's only a week, not long enough. Keep doing what you're doing.