Anyone do herbalife here?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaGrace2015
    Options
    I tried it too and was starving most of the time and really didn't lose much weight. The second I stopped bomb the weight gain was instant. Its really expensive and not filling. My coach was a total sweetheart but I always felt like an outsider at the fitlab because I wasn't buying every product they sold so wasn't part of the 'in-crowd'. Honestly I have lost more weight just eating well and exercising this past month then in the few months I did herbalife.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    erinj16 wrote: »
    All these 'nutrition shakes' are seriously the bain of my existence. And the worst part is, all these 'coaches' turn into pseudo-personal trainers and nutritionists without any certification or proper training, when really, they're just like sleezy car salesmen selling a product.

Truth! Oh and I think it is voodoo! I don't buy into it at all. Although, I like to eat so two shakes per day for me would make me a huge grouch and horrible to be around.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm on herbalife.

"My name is Jessica, I am an Herbalife Independent Distributor! I have lost almost 30 pounds with this awesome company, not to mention put a ton of cash in my pocket! If you would like any information on Herbalife, feel free to message me! I love talking about it! "

You are an Herbalife consultant. If you are attempting to sell to anyone on this site, be mindful that you are violating community guidelines.

"a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc."
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Herbal life is for the gullible people who don't know anything about nutrition.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    There is only one use for diet shakes of any kind. They are emergency food if you forget to pack lunch. Any diet shake that you have to live on or that you are spending more than a couple of bucks on is a giant waste of money.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The thing is... the goal shouldn't be only to lose weight, but to change your lifestyle. A lifestyle where you need to buy and drink XX brand shakes to nourish yourself isn't a very sustainable one.

Learn to eat. Exercise. Rest. Repeat. That's it.

Well said.

From a business standpoint, the reason why some businesses only sell through so-called independent consultants is rather than mainstream retail, is to cut overhead. There products are always overpriced compared to what you can buy in store because the per unit profit margin is high so that commissions can be shared at different salesperson levels.

Usually when someone tries to sell me something I can't find on my own I just google the brand name and MLM, then I'll read everything I need to know.