New To Juicing...

Options
Looking for a juicing group to join!

Replies

• Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel! I do alot of juicing/blending. Friend me! Im a vitamix lover :)
  • Its_Rachael_
    Its_Rachael_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to friend you, but I don't know how?!?!
    Please help!
    Rachael

• elizabethfeaman
    elizabethfeaman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, there!! I'm looking for a Juicing Group, also. I have used MyFitness Pal for a while, but never joined a support group. Would love to connect with others who are wanting to "take the plunge," and Juice + I really need the accountability.
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I juice also. I wish I could afford a vitamix blender, they are awesome. I use a juice extractor for no pulp juices and a hand held stick/immersion blender for purees.

We should definitely start a group. I'll look into that. May I friend you @Its_Rachael_‌ , @elizabethfeaman‌ and @Lezavargas‌?
  • JacquiH73
    Options
    I've only been able to find this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

But I would prefer to have a group that talked about juicing as a regular part of your daily or weekly diet as opposed to just fasting. Or a group that supports both.

So I have created this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103440-joyful-juicers

And because of a a lot the negativity thrown at juicing and people on this forum who juice I've made it a private group :wink:
  • elizabethfeaman
    Options
    That sounds great, JacquiH73!! Thanks for doing the "legwork!" I am juicing, primarily for my meals, but no "hating" on my end. We are obviously all looking for support, accountability, ideas, etc. otherwise we wouldn't be here! So, I'm in.... haven't done a community group before, so I will try and friend you and go to the link you set up :)
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am buying a Juicer today and look forward to trying and sharing some recipes! I've sent a request to join the group :-)
  • JacquiH73
    Options
    @gostumpy - I'm still trying to work out the bugs in this MFP message board platform. It doesn't notify me or acknowledge that someone requested to join. I'm sending you an invite.

Anyone else that wants to join let me know here or send me a private message and I will send you an invite.
  • JacquiH73
    Options
    Nevermind. Figured it out.
  • elizabethfeaman
    Options
    Hey, all....just wanted to share one of my fave Morning Juices with you....it's great anytime of the day, but especially refreshing in the morning:

STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
    2 cups Kale or Spinach
    1 cup Frozen Unsweetened Strawberries
    Juice of 1/2 Lime
    3-4 cups water
    Add ice for thickness if desired
    70 Calories

I have a BlendTec Blender, so I just "super blend"....that way, I also get the nutritious fiber with my Juices/Smoothies.

I have quite a few really good recipes, and would love to hear yours :D

• JacquiH73
    Options
    One of my favorite Morning pick-me-ups that I make in my centrifuge extractor is

Morning Ginger Sunrise
    1 thumb ginger
    1 lemon wedge (about 1/4 of full lemon)
    2 carrots cleaned and peeled
    1 medium orange peeled and sectioned.

I always juice the ginger first so the rest of the juices can bring the little bit of ginger juice down into my glass.

This one is a family's favorites.