Post baby weight, help!

Options
nia1101
nia1101 Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
Hi everyone lm looking for friends and encouragement as l am trying hard to lose my post baby weight.I have been successful at losing weight before, but this time it just doesn't want to budge :) my goal is 50lbs. Thank you

Replies

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I never thought I could but I've lost 37 lbs of the baby weight so far. Add me as a friend!
  • nia1101
    Options
    Thank you that is encouraging. I will add you!
  • melupli
    Options
    Hi I just had baby number two and am looking to lose weight too. I was over weight before getting pregnant. I'd like to meet friends going through the same journey.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight after baby no.3. I lost it all after my other two, so it can be done! After my 2nd I lost all the weight then carried on to lose another 20+lbs, so I started my third pregnancy at my ideal size, but unfortunately still gained despite exercising and logging all the way through.

Feel free to add me.
  • nia1101
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Melupi I wasn't overweight before I got pregnant but in my first trimester I gained 22lbs which was a shock then it was maybe 1 or 2lbs a week following. I just find baby weight so different :) but thanks for adding me I feel more determined already!
  • nia1101
    edited February 2015
    Options
    DawnieB1977 I can relate to you because we want to try for another baby in about a year's time. If this pregnancy is anything to go by I know I need to lose at least an additional 20lbs too. We'll done you by the way for doing that. It's amazing! And we'll done for a healthy pregnancy. Your body will come back I'm sure. How long did it take to lose the weight the first and second time?
  • nia1101
    Options
    Mama Newland what has worked best for you?
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had my second baby 5 months ago- and had both first postpartum weight and this one. I did a detox and some in home exercises and I lost 12 pounds in a month.
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    Had my second baby 5 months ago- and had both first postpartum weight and this one. I did a detox and some in home exercises and I lost 12 pounds in a month.

I just wanted to add that it's now feb 10th and I've lost 15 pounds since New Years .
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    Moms- feel free to add me!
  • nia1101
    Options

I just wanted to add that it's now feb 10th and I've lost 15 pounds since New Years .

Hi what was the detox you did? Sounds good!
  • kellibjones31
    kellibjones31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add I'm in the same boat.
  • tamrelle
    tamrelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat too! I just had my second baby in March. I was able to lose my baby weight after my first, but I find I am not as motivated this time! I am also 60 lbs over my goal weight. I just started logging this week. I could use some accountability too...
  • bekba09
    bekba09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to be in this boat. I lost all the weight after having my daughter...then we moved around the world (literally) and with all of the stress I stopped paying attention to what I was eating. Sooo, gained a lot of that back. Was working on losing weight and found out I was pregnant! I'm due in October, but I'm trying so hard not to chunk up like I did with my daughter! So far it's not been too bad, but I'm nervous about having two littles at home and trying to lose pregnancy weight (I was Active Duty when I had my daughter...so not only did I want to lose the weight, but it was part of the job. Made it a little easier for me!) Anyways, I definitely would appreciate some support through the rest of this pregnancy and as I start my weight-loss journey again this fall!