Struggling!

Options
So my cravings are ridiculous!!! I could eat double my calories allowed!!

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Keep visualizing the pay off. Make a cup of tea. You're stronger than you think.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you best to push through, if you need to find a small way to incorperate your cravings into your daily calories. It will get better with time :)

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Get up and walk around, burn off some energy or if you're feeling sluggish it'll boost your energy.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel you. It DOES get easier, though. PMS time is what I really struggle with, and I find that if I really am trying my hardest to stick with healthy eating and I know that I'm heading toward a binge, I'll do one of two things: either indulge in a small cheat food (less than 300 calories - a few cookies, a square or two of chocolate) on top of my normal daily food, or I'll bank my calories for a day and go wild on a Baconator. You'll find what works for you, just hang in there!
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself... Work it in. I take three bites and walk away from what I want sometimes. Or find better options for the sweet and salty I crave. No day is perfect and it's all a work in progress. Good luck:)
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    After a couple weeks of eating at or slightly below my calorie goal, I found that it was so much easier to not only feel "full" but feel less hungry all the time. I still get craving for my favorite foods but I am able to recognize the difference between needing food and just wanting food.

I still eat awesome, delicious, amazing food - just smaller portions and I pair them with lots of fresh veggies and water to fill up.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...I have found that for me sometimes cravings are my body reaching out for nutrients I'm lacking and I end up eating what ever is in my line of sight. Also, If I am not drinking enough water or getting enough fiber I eat more. I am a sugar addict who still indulges in sugary things. I have better success if the sugary things are out of sight, and I plan ahead through MFP and account for my evening/snacky indugences at the front part of my day so I can pace myself. Sometimes just the act of putting it in ahead of time and seeing the damage is enough to not eat it or just eat less. Good Luck!