Bio Identical?

Options
Has anyone tried the bio identical hormones? What was your experience?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    lol que?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Please, explain.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hormones? Unless prescribed by a licensed MD I would refrain from taking any "hormones".
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi. I currently on bioidentical progesterone and it's been good. I am now 48, had a few cycles go crazy, a never ending period and major heavy bleeding. I had ultrasounds a hydro? something test(can,zit remember at this moment) to check inside the uterus for abnormalities, all that was OK. Gyn wanted to stick me on something synthetic but I had done a ton of research and I wanted bioidenticals. I had to locate a doctor who deals with them , she did blood tests etc and I have been on them for almost a year. Cycles are now normal, regular, lighter, my thick uterine lining returned to normal and I sleep better, more soundly. If you have any other questions let me know, scary trying something many doctors don, t deal with, but doctors (from what I've read) just don,t get too much training in the field of hormones and not in bioidenticals unless they seek that type of training out. You have to seek out and research what's best for you, Internet, books, so you can make the best choice. I know without a doubt this was the best choice I made for myself and many other ladies I have talked to feel the same.
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They have changed my life!! I am hypothyroid and have PCOS and insulin resistance. This is this first thing in 3 years that has given me my life back since my weight loss journey. I haven't had this much energy since my early 20s and I am only 36! Now instead of losing 1 pound per month Iam losing like a normal person. Do your own research and keep looking till you find a doctor that supports the research you do online and listens. They are hard to find. Just because it isn't FDA approved doesn't mean jack! Do REAL research!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No, I have enough hormones, all by myownself!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Just because it isn't FDA approved doesn't mean jack! Do REAL research!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The doc I work for prescribes them all the time. There are so many compounds that can be created by a knowledgable pharmacist that they can be fine tuned to fit the individual needs of the patient. Most everyone swears they are life changing.