In need of motivation

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm Maria! I recently joined in May but fell off track when I went on vacay for eight days and was without internet :( I'm back again and needing some support and motivation. I don't know what else to say except that these tiny description boxes intimidate the heck out of me and I usually end up saying too much or too little. With that said, any words of encouragement or words of wisdom, shoot them my way.

Thank you!

Replies

• karenfarrar161
    Options
    Hi there, My name is Karen and I have been back on for 2 weeks now. I stopped as well when I finished an aerobics class. I'm back on now, because I was tired of feeling down, and tired. It's is good for us to work out. It's addictive, it feels great and over all, we we will longer and more vibrant lives. GET BACK IN IT GIRL! DON'T LET A VACATION STOP YOU. Next time you can take a pen and pencil with you and write everything down, then add it on the website once you return home! REMEMBER YOU WILL LOVE YOURSELF MORE FOR IT!
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In October, my home was wrecked by Sandy. I lived elsewhere for weeks with my family. In April, my 40 year old brother in law died suddenly, leaving my 38 year old sister a widow with 3 kids under the age of 13. She had to relocate. In May, we finally started renovating my house. I got no money from the gov't and I had no flood insurance. NO, I don't live on the water. Go figure how this happened. There is no hot water and no electric at my house. I have been living at my mother's with my children for over a month. My sister and her kids are moving in soon. My dad is having surgery on Friday and my mom keeps losing her balance and falling down. My husband has been out of work for 3 years. There is nothing available for him in his field.

I MAKE time for the gym. I CHOOSE to eat well because it is all I have control of right now. Dig deep, sister and find your own motivation. Only you can locate it.

I'm not complaining. It is what it is. I only hope my tale gets you moving! it gets me off my *kitten* every morning.
  • Kiar1Na
    Kiar1Na Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. my name is Chiara and I just got back from my vacay yesterday , and decided to start properly today :)) so you see, its not about u being weak, its something super-normal. and holidays are breaks from it all, so u shouldn't be hard on yourself :) what motivates me, hoping it may help u too, is the memory of that amazing feeling u have when your body is no longer a weight u carr, on the contrary it is a spring that launches u forward at every step. When i feel hungry i think of it as my body thanking me for giving it the chance to feel lighter and stronger every day :)
    Eat healthy, dont get too angry with urself over a few little mistakes in the diet, just keep at it steadily and ex drcise as muh as u can (eating a little more if u do burn a lot... starving wont help!). let us know how it goes.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP!
    You can reach your goals. A friend request has been sent.
    I am Yvette.
    I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • carolbeckp
    Options
    Hey! It's hard when you're starting but you get used to it. Start writing the things you eat in a diary and put it on the mfp when you can. Search for thinspiration pictures (or your dream body) and stare at it, it should motivate you.