First day guidance

Options
Hi, I am on day 1 and am a bit confused with how to spend my extra calories and how much fruit, veg and dairy to have etc..

So I added 2 tablespoons of fat free yogurt to my granola, an apple then a bulgar wheat pot for lunch. For tea I had 2 tablespoons of peas and sweetcorn 2 carrots and a korma... I am thinking of then having a small banana... Am I right that you don't count any of the fruit, veg and dairy as calories so I can add them in with something else? also do you weigh your veg and dairy etc?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would you not count fruit, veggies or dairy? They all have calories - so your body will count them even if you don't. Log everything that goes into your mouth. Weigh all solids, use a measuring cup/spoons for all liquids. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on day 1 and am a bit confused with how to spend my extra calories and how much fruit, veg and dairy to have etc..

So I added 2 tablespoons of fat free yogurt to my granola, an apple then a bulgar wheat pot for lunch. For tea I had 2 tablespoons of peas and sweetcorn 2 carrots and a korma... I am thinking of then having a small banana... Am I right that you don't count any of the fruit, veg and dairy as calories so I can add them in with something else? also do you weigh your veg and dairy etc?

Weigh, log and count EVERYTHING.