Vibram Fivefingers..

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
Anyone have a pair? What are your views on them? I have had mine for 2 weeks now...I love them!

Replies

• athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a pair! Which ones did you get? Are you running in them? What type of shoes were you wearing before?
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that owns about 5 pairs of them and swears by them! I bought my boyfriend a pair for Christmas, but he didn't like them :noway: He's got flat feet and some issues with his feet and didn't feel that they were good for him. The company was so easy to work with, giving my full refund back. I want a pair for myself! I heard they are awesome!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Got 'em (Sprints). Love 'em!
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I loved mine for the 2 weeks I had them...before I had worn holes in them in that short time. I was using them to take my dog for walks and went on a lot of pavement (which they didn't warn against) so I guess that wasn't good for them...I returned them for a pair of Keens. They were super comfortable and if you're not as hard on shoes as I am, you could give them a try. I just didn't like the idea of having paid over $80 for a pair of shoes that only lasted me 2 weeks...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I loved mine for the 2 weeks I had them...before I had worn holes in them in that short time. I was using them to take my dog for walks and went on a lot of pavement (which they didn't warn against) so I guess that wasn't good for them...I returned them for a pair of Keens. They were super comfortable and if you're not as hard on shoes as I am, you could give them a try. I just didn't like the idea of having paid over $80 for a pair of shoes that only lasted me 2 weeks...

What are you supposed to run on? I've been thinking of getting a pair but all I have to run on is sidewalk...I can't run through peoplel's front yards!
  • cortneyj1
    cortneyj1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, have had them about three months. I live in Florida. If I could get away with them at work I would never wear anything else. Probably not while I was pushing the lawn mower, but otherwise. I bought the KSO's and they are holding up fine outside. running in them and walking. Do a little reading on barefoot running, especially proper ground contact. I run on roads, sidewalks, grass, beach, anywhere and they have been great so far. Calves protested for a few days but my legs got used to the change.
  • sculley
    Options
    There is different types for different activities... that's odd because I have had mine for 2 weeks and ran on every terrain imaginable and no holes.... hmmm I will include a website for ya'll to look at.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_footwear.cfm
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but apparently not the sidewalk because that's where I was :)
  • sculley
    Options
    hmm i run on asphault...maybe I have a different brand than you...each is used for certain things..

sorry :( that sucks