99% still not good enough, gained 2 lbs!!

Options
I was over my weekly calorie allowance by 1% (172 calories) this week. On average I drink 2-3 litres of water a day. I don't eat gluten, sugar, dairy, soy, corn, or pork. I also work out 6 days a week. So can someone please explain how the F@€k I GAINED 2 lbs this week? Feeling so defeated. It's like if you aren't 100% then it's all for nothing.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Water weight from high salt consumption, added/new exercise, nearing time of month or ovulation. For starters.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. It's normal. Relax.
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree weight fluctuates from anything and stressing out about it is not going to help things either.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My weight loss and gains are on a monthly cycle, and my weight spikes just before a big loss, also just before my cycle. That might be it.

My weight can fluctuate as much as four pounds a day and I've heard others that can fluctuate up to ten pounds.

The other factor might be accurate weighing of your foods, perhaps eating more than you think.

I'm at most 80/20, maybe even 70/30. And over the long haul, I've lost a lot. You are perfect enough, darling.

Maybe try tracking your weight on something like http://www.weightgrapher.com/
    then you will see your trend, which is more important than daily fluctuations.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was over my weekly calorie allowance by 1% (172 calories) this week. On average I drink 2-3 litres of water a day. I don't eat gluten, sugar, dairy, soy, corn, or pork. I also work out 6 days a week. So can someone please explain how the F@€k I GAINED 2 lbs this week? Feeling so defeated. It's like if you aren't 100% then it's all for nothing.

Not at all, you will not have put on 2lbs by being 172 calories over your allowance. Not a chance. So relax, it's water weight or other normal fluctuations, it'll happen. Just focus on the general downward trend over time :)
  • icatcher26
    Options
    Sometimes with women our bodies fluctuate, don't beat up on yourself - just keep grinding at to and it WILL come off
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuation.
  • wootrition
    wootrition Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. As far as the number on the scale is concerned, you need to look at the big picture over a longer period of time. Look for progress by taking photos, taking measurements, the fit of your clothing, etc.