Jillian Michaels 30day shred for beginners

Options
So i just did day one. I cant believe it but i am already sore- 30min after! Guess the running and light weights at the gym werent enough of a challenge. I used 5lb weights because thats all i had. Im missing the gym due to the snowstorm were having but i feel better after making myself do the dvd. I even did some youtube zumba, cardio, and yoga videos after (first time).
- Anyone else doing this dvd?

Replies

• Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting it today. I made it through level 1 + 2 then got a wicked chest cold so I had to take a couple weeks off. It will get easier :smile:
  • lennonluvr
    lennonluvr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. I thought I was going to die the first day but it is getting easier.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There's a group which started 1st Feb. I'm currently on Day 9 of level 1 (well I'm hoping to squeeze it in later after work). It does get easier ...and then you move to the next level. I've done it a few times in the past and had great results (mostly inch loss rather than weight loss).
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Holy moly i am SORE! Cant even sit or walk down stairs lol. But thats the point I guess
  • GaugeGale
    GaugeGale Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You will be sore for couple days but don't stop, haha, it will get better.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's a nice sore, but it should only last a few days.
  • lampeace142
    lampeace142 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So where do you find this. Would like to do it. Im new to this page and dont know how to put my pic on here
  • lampeace142
    lampeace142 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So where do you find this. Would like to do it. Im new to this page .
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    I bought the dvd for like $8 at walmart. Amazon has it. I believe some of them are on you tube but i needed the beginner shred
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Also, if you go to you tube and look under fitness blender, theres tons of free workouts
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    GaugeGale wrote: »
    You will be sore for couple days but don't stop, haha, it will get better.

Im gonna try again lol. But i am sore everywhere- legs back abs shouders arms! I secretly love it though! Im just amazed how effective it is! I have to work tonight on my feet all night. Gonna be a challenge!
  • GaugeGale
    GaugeGale Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@jenniferInCt

I really do swear by 30 day shred. I bought it to get in shape for my wedding a couple years ago and have used it since as I know it works. I had my daughter in November and started the dvd again in January. I took pics this time and am glad I did, I noticed a difference and only did 12 sessions of level 1 so far. pics give me motivation to keep going! I think I may move on to level 2 this week. I do it 3-5 times a week, not every day.
  • kristineesmyth
    Options
    I am on day 14. It's was getting easier and then level 2 started. It seems to be working so I'm going to keep it up! I didn't do pics...wish I would have.
  • jessrachel2191
    jessrachel2191 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely recommend the DVD! It definitely helped me lose inches!

I did the DVD over a few months. It took me a few tries to get into it because initially I was discouraged when I missed a day. When I finally started it for the third time at level one, I did it everyday until I was at level 3 and then I started to take a few days off per week. But don't worry about doing it everyday. I found that when I was concerned about doing it everyday it would feel like a failure when I missed a day. You don't start back at square one. Just get back into it and take your time with it and have fun.
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did this a few years ago with great success ( lost 17 lbs). I've gained it all back plus some, so I started again today. Gloriously sore... I can't recommend it enough
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    This is great to hear. I am soooo sore that i just couldnt do it again today. Plus i was on my feet for ~8hours straight tonight. Theres no way i could do it again. But tomorrow is a new day. Im going to the gym for the treadmill in the am, and i WILL do the dvd in the evening. Or at least attempt to lol!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Its great to hear the success everyones had with the dvd! Super encouraging!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    GaugeGale wrote: »
    @jenniferInCt

I really do swear by 30 day shred. I bought it to get in shape for my wedding a couple years ago and have used it since as I know it works. I had my daughter in November and started the dvd again in January. I took pics this time and am glad I did, I noticed a difference and only did 12 sessions of level 1 so far. pics give me motivation to keep going! I think I may move on to level 2 this week. I do it 3-5 times a week, not every day.

I will take pics starting tomorrow. I know ill regret it if i dont. And im happy to hear you do it every 3-5days and have had great results. I honestly dont think i could or would do it everyday! But on off days, ill keep going to the gym or walking.

• MarylBliss
    Options
    I just started the beginner 10 day shred 5 days ago and was so surprised to have lost 5 pounds and 3 inches on my waist! I can't wait to see what happens next week. The workouts are intense, but I feel so satisfied when I am done.