2»

Replies

• kanamefujioka
    Options
    Boiled egg....
  • gymbunny1_xo
    gymbunny1_xo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 weetabix with a cup of alpro almond milk, or else a smoothie (peach, handful blueberries and raspberries, half bannana) an hour before going - gives me great energy for the workout!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    so I think putting "depends on what I'm 'working out' that day" is a bit irrelevant.
    You're right, context is completely irrelevant.

Everyone should eat the same, be it a 3 hour steady state cardio session or a 35 minute PR focused lifting session.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Banana if cardio, greek yogurt if weight training. usually an hour before.

Chocolate milk for post weight work
  • LiveForTheWilderness
    Options
    Find what works for your body. Being keto-adapted, I do a pre-workout shake consisting of 2 scoops of Isopure protein, a tablespoon of coconut oil, a tsp of karo light syrup, and 8 ounces of coffee, with the rest of the shaker filled with water. Gets me through pretty intense 6 AM cardio and strength workouts.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Basically ignore anything anyone tells you, as with everything, it's personal choice.

I eat oats. Some people train fasted.

Whatever works for you.
    And not knocking on anyone's personal choices, but training is training, regardless if it's cardio or lifting, so I think putting "depends on what I'm 'working out' that day" is a bit irrelevant. Your body needs fuel for both.
    Nope, it totally depends per workout for me.

If I am doing a 10km run? Small breakfast an hour before, not too much in my belly plz.

Lifting? I could probably eat and lift and it would be fine.

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a half an english muffin with cream cheese and some smoked salmon about 1 hour pre-workout and then either a protein shake or just go right into lunch depending on the time.