Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Replies

• mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 901 Member
    Consistency. Effort. Compromise. Nice arms.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    I've been locked in the house for over 1-yr.

I forget... who are the guys again... the taller ones?
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    When he's happy with just us
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    JRugg1946 wrote: »
    Female. Warm, breathing and with a heartbeat..

A tad vain.
    You forgot to check the airway.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Dudes… I’m FBR and got no idea.

No worries, it was a long time ago. I was previously Caco_ethes or CacoEther

Prove it... Lots of people can just waltz in here and pretend that 🙄...

I posted in the selfie thread like a week ago 🤣
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Why do you people do that??!! :) It messes with my already meager little brain in such a huge way. Couldn't have been all that long ago because I remember you. :)
    But it's valuable information which I'll forget in about 45 seconds if I don't find a post-it soon. :)
  • BraydanTaffy
    edited June 2021
    Engagement. It's intoxicating.

I've gotten so used to past bf's taking loyalty & commitment for granted & rarely having eye contact (after that 1st 6-mo period, when they knew they had me & gave up... their challenge was over, I guess), 'til the day I've had enough & am packing to leave... then suddenly, flowers, eye contact with puppy eyes & attention.

Too late, ya dud... you had < fill in the blank > months/yrs to do all that & didn't. Suddenly, one pink Anne Klein heel is out the door with my last box of steak knives & white tea towels & now you want to have deep meaningful engagement, rather than your usual lying about like an elderly canine, watching Star Trek reruns for the 100th time this year? Ah, nah, no, not again.

I was at the market 2-days ago & some random dude asked me a question in the produce isle with prolonged, direct eye contact. I was so unnerved, I almost bolted like a frightened deer on my untanned getaway sticks. Now, I realize many of us have been shut-in for over 1-yr... & admittedly, as an introvert who isn't usually comfortable with creatures of the human persuasion, it's not hard for me to feel off-kilter, even just shopping... but, I forgot that there are others besides me who try to be present.

My only thought was... is that how normal men interact with normal women? That hadn't happened to me in 1, 2, 3, ah lots of years.

The last time I had direct eye contact like that with a man, was the day I left my ex-bf to move from CO to CA, more than a few yrs ago... & he was trying to convince me to stay, with flowers (partially wilted, filler flowers on sale from the supermarket), handwritten love notes tucked into my packed belongings, saying my name (gee, when was the last time I'd heard that... ah, months, a year, from my mum?) & intense, big, round puppy eyes. My only thought then was... how meaningless, with your wilted flowers.

Engagement is intoxicating, when it's meaningful. I don't like people to think they have no meaning. A tiny bit of engagement goes a long way, especially to a shy, quiet introvert like me.

9lhmcp1bd6bj.png

Now, is that so hard?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

I've gotten so used to past bf's taking loyalty & commitment for granted & rarely having eye contact (after that 1st 6-mo period, when they knew they had me & gave up... their challenge was over, I guess), 'til the day I've had enough & am packing to leave... then suddenly, flowers, eye contact with puppy eyes & attention.

Too late, ya dud... you had < fill in the blank > months/yrs to do all that & didn't. Suddenly, one pink Anne Klein heel is out the door with my last box of steak knives & white tea towels & now you want to have deep meaningful engagement, rather than your usual lying about like an elderly canine, watching Star Trek reruns for the 100th time this year? Ah, nah, no, not again.

I was at the market 2-days ago & some random dude asked me a question in the produce isle with prolonged, direct eye contact. I was so unnerved, I almost bolted like a frightened deer on my untanned getaway sticks. Now, I realize many of us have been shut-in for over 1-yr... & admittedly, as an introvert who isn't usually comfortable with creatures of the human persuasion, it's not hard for me to feel off-kilter, even just shopping... but, I forgot that there are others besides me who try to be present.

My only thought was... is that how normal men interact with normal women? That hadn't happened to me in 1, 2, 3, ah lots of years.

The last time I had direct eye contact like that with a man, was the day I left my ex-bf to move from CO to CA, more than a few yrs ago... & he was trying to convince me to stay, with flowers (partially wilted, filler flowers on sale from the supermarket), handwritten love notes tucked into my packed belongings, saying my name (gee, when was the last time I'd heard that... ah, months, a year, from my mum?) & intense, big, round puppy eyes. My only thought then was... how meaningless, with your wilted flowers.

Engagement is intoxicating, when it's meaningful. I don't like people to think they have no meaning. A tiny bit of engagement goes a long way, especially to a shy, quiet introvert like me.

9lhmcp1bd6bj.png

Now, is that so hard?

Untanned get away sticks 💀😂 I love that. This was written well and it resonates with me. I hope you find someone who keeps trying. I end up with those types all the time too. You’re a piece of furniture until you leave.
  • BraydanTaffy

9lhmcp1bd6bj.png

Now, is that so hard?

Untanned get away sticks 💀😂 I love that. This was written well and it resonates with me. I hope you find someone who keeps trying. I end up with those types all the time too. You’re a piece of furniture until you leave.

TY for your nice words. I guess if we live long enough, most of us have had relationship woes.

In reality, once I realized I/we create or allow everything, I changed. Who knew it was so easy to walk away. :smile:

Be well...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member

9lhmcp1bd6bj.png

Now, is that so hard?

You’re a piece of furniture until you leave.

I would like to be an end-table.

No.

Wait.

A Recliner.... yeah, a Recliner.

AD_Lounge-Chair-Ottoman-Mahogany-LTR-Eames-House-Bird-Walnut_2401010_master.jpg

• BraydanTaffy
    edited June 2021
    Motorsheen wrote: »

9lhmcp1bd6bj.png

Now, is that so hard?

You’re a piece of furniture until you leave.

I would like to be an end-table.

No.

Wait.

A Recliner.... yeah, a Recliner.

AD_Lounge-Chair-Ottoman-Mahogany-LTR-Eames-House-Bird-Walnut_2401010_master.jpg

You have lovely Corinthian leather.

I don't mean that in a sexist way.

Or, maybe I do... cuz I've never seen a female Corinthian recliner.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2021

<3
    Shes-back.gif
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2021
    @ReenieHJ Good advice! But aren't those guys that never change the most attractive? If I have one weakness when it comes to the opposite sex it's guys who are confident and know who they are and would never change for me or anyone. I think the problem, for me, when I was younger was that I'd fall for a guy and try to fit into his life however I could, and didn't worry about anything else. I didn't know or care what I needed in a relationship, just that I was all about that particular man, haha...

• MahShield21
    MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
    When she is fully involved...
  • Motorsheen

I prefer 'completely distracted'..... with a 1000 yard stare.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member

rn9gl58g9yry.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    JessD9031 wrote: »

rn9gl58g9yry.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u2zbldk25g00mz3ve9t3tcdsfgy1wg600v00gz0w&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    JessD9031 wrote: »

rn9gl58g9yry.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u2zbldk25g00mz3ve9t3tcdsfgy1wg600v00gz0w&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

auhdak7wrlzv.jpg
This discussion has been closed.