How do you measure success?

Options
I've really been trying to focus on all of the positive changes I've been making, no matter how big or small, during this life transformation. A year ago I would have beat myself down because I thought success was reflected only in the numbers on my scale or size of my clothes. Well, I must say success is so much more! Success, for me, is getting up and working out because I love how it makes me feel...and it feels better than those extra 10 minutes in bed! Success is rejoicing in my weight staying the same, knowing it is better than my weight going up. Success is not feeling winded walking up the stairs and having overall better cardio health. Finally, success is not feeling guilty about indulging periodically and taking the word "diet" completely out of my vocabulary!

What is success for you? What have you learned during your life transformation?

Replies

• momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've really been trying to focus on all of the positive changes I've been making, no matter how big or small, during this life transformation. A year ago I would have beat myself down because I thought success was reflected only in the numbers on my scale or size of my clothes. Well, I must say success is so much more! Success, for me, is getting up and working out because I love how it makes me feel...and it feels better than those extra 10 minutes in bed! Success is rejoicing in my weight staying the same, knowing it is better than my weight going up. Success is not feeling winded walking up the stairs and having overall better cardio health. Finally, success is not feeling guilty about indulging periodically and taking the word "diet" completely out of my vocabulary!

What is success for you? What have you learned during your life transformation?

I hear ya!!!....to me I am love how 8 feel after a workout....how I feel when I burn a little more calories or go a farther distance then the last workout.....I am going to beat this battle once and for all... I too am not on a diet. I am eatting health .I have stopped skiing meals and I am drinking lots of water.....I have made small changes in my day to day so I can still enjoy a coffee or something sweet on occasion..... I am using the nutri bullet to make green smoothies to help get in all my vegi in a day... .I love recording my food and seeing how much I have changed my eatting habits. .. I love when my kids ask my if they too can have a smoothie and workout with me..... I have learned to take it day by day. One foot in front of the other and keep moving.... and don't let a bad day stop you.......
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Success for me is measured in lots of ways, depending on what I'm doing, but one way is by just putting one foot in front of the other on a longer run than I've ever done, or getting all the reps in on a body weight move, or just in being consistent with logging food and exercising on a regular basis.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    My problem isn't necessarily measuring success, but not forcing myself to be successful in every category...especially when they're somewhat contradictory. For instance, it's hard for me to lose weight at a good pace and still make the progressions in weight training that I like, or focus on weight training and my running times suffer, or...you get the idea. I have to prioritize what I'm going for during certain phases of my journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!