Late night eating...help!

Options
So my problem is that I can eat well during the day, but at night is when I eat more. Like tonight I ate what the rest of my family ate, and ate it in portions and I did well but than I got hungry and ate more mac and cheese and had some chips. How do you get rid of late night cravings?

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Go jogging at night. It will kill your hunger every time!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    make them cravings fit your macros!
  • skyfall91
    Options
    I always find im not hungry in the early morning and get hungry at night so make sure I can fit a snack in. Usually a wholemeal sandwich with cheese spread (around 180calories) for night time. after a sandwich im fine, but I need a filling snack after a busy day!
    Maybe portion up a smaller amount for a snack (maybe get a 150calorie portion aside and save some calories for it later?)
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of low fat milk or an apple. Harmless.
  • LoveTraveling
    LoveTraveling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Perhaps its the stress of the day (or unresolved emotions from the day) catching up with you and driving you to eat? I think a lot of the time we overlook the significance of stress in eating, especially late-night eating.

Perhaps some restorative yoga, meditation, walking, deep breathing, tapping, calming herbal infusion, brushing your teeth immediately after dinner, etc.