Realization

Options
Selflove1u
Selflove1u Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
started counting calories today cut my breakfast from 300-130 I guess that's a start

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the forums :) Actually a 300 calorie breakfast isn't overly high. A 130 calorie one is really quite low. To go from 130 cals until lunch time...I think you'll be pretty hungry! Perhaps you could cut back on portions instead of calories so drastically at first?

Let's say MFP tells you to eat 1500 a day, that's 500 cals a meal unless you break it down and have a couple of healthy snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

That help you out? It's important to feed your body and give it energy to fuel your workouts and simply to get through the day.:)
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Any cuts are great! They add up fast. 100 calories cut off your baseline means 10 pounds per year.

I do 200-300 per meal. I do small meals and snacks every 2-3 hours. My snacks overall is more cals than my meals.

Either way, I care less about my calories than my carbs and sugars. Limit carbs to around 100 and sugars to as low as you can and you will lose weight by the fistfuls. Im down 25 pounds of fat and 43 to 35 inch waist in the last year. I added 5 pounds of muscle.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd be starving all morning and probably all day if I only ate 130 calories for breakfast! When making substitutions rather than looking for the lowest calories possible also consider nutrition. What will keep you full longer? For example, a 300 calorie donut will leave you hungry before lunch, but 300 calories of eggs, sausage and veggies will keep you full much longer.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,442 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the forums :) Actually a 300 calorie breakfast isn't overly high. A 130 calorie one is really quite low. To go from 130 cals until lunch time...I think you'll be pretty hungry! Perhaps you could cut back on portions instead of calories so drastically at first?

Let's say MFP tells you to eat 1500 a day, that's 500 cals a meal unless you break it down and have a couple of healthy snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

That help you out? It's important to feed your body and give it energy to fuel your workouts and simply to get through the day.:)

How do I start a blog on MFP?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri :) Here ya go:

@TerriRichardson112
    HOW DO I CREATE MY BLOG?

To create your blog, just go to the "My Home" tab, then click on "My Blog" - your blog is already there, waiting for you to start writing posts. :D
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually 350-400 calories. That's not a bad thing.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,442 Member
    Options

Hi Terri :) Here ya go:

@TerriRichardson112
    HOW DO I CREATE MY BLOG?

To create your blog, just go to the "My Home" tab, then click on "My Blog" - your blog is already there, waiting for you to start writing posts. :D

I found it. Thanks! But it won't let me post entries! I'll keep working at it.