Getting Calories Up

Options
Hi!

I have no trouble eating all my 1600 daily calories if chocolate is involved, but I'm trying to avoid having it every night at the moment. Without chocolate, I'm only eating around 1300 a day and burning between 200-300 calories a day. My typical eating day is the following:

Breakfast: Smoothie or porridge
Snack: Banana and Special K bar
Lunch: Ham salad wrap, yoghurt & 2 Snack a Jack cakes
Snack: Coffee with milk and one sweetener and/or clementine
Dinner: Chicken, fish or mince with either pasta/rice/wraps and a sauce with veg on the side
Snack: Occasional 2 squares dark choc, yoghurt or options hot choc

What can I eat after dinner to get my calories up a bit - but something that isn't unhealthy?!

Thanks!
Katie.

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What do you consider "healthy" and "unhealthy?" Are you hitting your macros otherwise?

Have larger portions of what you're having now. Have a few ounces of cheese. Have another banana. Have another smoothie. Or an omelette.
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Healthy to me is minimal fat, i.e. fruit/veg etc, just looking for an alternative as sometimes I can overdo the fruit!! Thanks, I will try and up my portions a little
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out too much fat - it's an essential part of a healthy diet.

Add cheese and/or avocado to your wraps, butter to your veggies, eat full fat yoghurt, eat nuts/nut butters. It wont take much to get those calories up.
  • williammeli
    Options
    Have you tried organic peanut butter on celery or apples? Or home made cookies with gluten free flour of some type?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Healthy to me is minimal fat, i.e. fruit/veg etc, just looking for an alternative as sometimes I can overdo the fruit!! Thanks, I will try and up my portions a little

minimal fat isnt a great idea... you need fat in your diet, especially as a woman! unless you want bad hair, bad nails and horrible skin!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    A few of my staple recipes (those are the higher calories, more filling ones):

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_rollups.html
    Add some pepperoni on top before rolling, and it's like a pizza without the dough :)

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-baked-banana-boats/
    I usually don't use chocolate, but if I had dark chocolate chips I would def sprinkle a few on top!

http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/08/17/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie/
    I have these often! I top it with some peanut butter melted on top. YUM!
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've upped my calorie intake by adding raisins to my breakfast, cheese to my lunch and a bigger portion of dinner! :smiley:
  • matthewlatch
    matthewlatch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I lived on take aways and since eating healthy I struggle to get 2100 calories. I hate cooking, I'm clueless about it. I'm glad you posted his, helps me a lot.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just portion control or some calorie dense foods. You could also jazz up your porridge a bit with some seeds or fruit.