Any successes? Any tips? :)

Replies

• karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36.2kg in 52 weeks with Fibro and Vertigo
  • nabaxter316
    Options
    I've had Fibro for 15 yrs and my weight goes up and down and it's very hard to control my weight. Losing weight is very difficult, the heavier I am the more I hurt and the more probls I have with my Fibro. I have to be in constant motion or the pain is so much more worse and I have to watch what I eat, staying away from processed foods that are high in carbs helps especially pastas and breads. I'm a carb eater so to replace this I eat sweet potatoe noodles and mung bean thread noodles. I have found that being consistent in everything you do helps, wether it's food, exercise, sleep and meds. Also I take 5000units of vitamin D and 2000 units of vitamin B every morning which helps with energy. Hope this helps!
  • Thank you! :-)
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes, i feel achy from fibro and have pain from arthritis. My philosophy is - i'm going to be hurting no matter what i'm doing - nothing or excercising so I might as well excercise. I feel that it helps my quality of sleep and mood which in turn helps my fibro.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have had Fibromyalgia (diagnosed) for 15 years now. Losing weight and exercising regularly have really helped keep the pain under control. I still have my flare-ups, but they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. I have not noticed any particular effect on my weight loss.