What to have with eggs? (that's not bread)

Options
k1mbunny
k1mbunny Posts: 3 Member
Any ideas what to serve with either scrambled or poached eggs, for a lunch that isn't full of carbs such as bread?

Replies

• mariatheram
    mariatheram Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon or turkey sausage
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    1) Lightly Sauteed in Olive Oil Green/Red/Yellow Pepperswith Onions
    2) Lightly Sauteed in Olive Oil Spinach with Feta Cheese
    3) Feta Cheese by itself
    4) Baked Sweet Potato
    5) Sausage - I eat Chicken Sausage. I don't eat Pork or Beef
    6) Bacon - I eat Turkey Bacon from our local Farmer's market

Any 1 or 2 of the above plus a Fruit is my favorite combo with Egg.

Also here is something that we make for dinner when we are on time crunch. Egg Tortilla Wrap. Play around what you wanna add and subtract from the recipe.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/scrambled-egg-wraps

Hope this helps.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushrooms, bacon, peppers, tuna, smoked salmon, cheese :)
  • harbi74
    harbi74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I normally have Eggs, Spinach & half Advocado. I find it really filling.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like to mix some Rotel into my scrambled eggs and then eat them in a lettuce wrap. I would love other options too!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    These are two of my "go to" meals that I would eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner:
    1. Two poached or soft boiled eggs, 10 steamed asparagus spears, and a 1/2 cup fruit (usually berries) - 245 calories, 18 grams protein, 11 grams fat, 20 grams carbs, and 6 grams fiber.
    2. An egg is a basket: (1/2 avocado, 1 egg, and 2 Tablespoons salsa) Cut an avocado in half and crack a whole egg into the pit hole, bake at 475 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the egg and avocado. Top with 2 Tablespoons of salsa - 245 calories, 8 grams protein, 20 grams fat, 11 grams carbs, and 8 grams fiber.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    Options
    My go to is.... either sweet mini peppers or green peppers chopped with onions chopped. Add a sprinkle of cheese and salsa! YUM! (Sometimes I add a tbsp of pre-cooked bacon)
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Saute diced veggies of all kinds and either cook your eggs sunny side up or poach them and put them on top OR scramble the eggs in with the veggies after they are cooked.

You can pre-prep this by sauteing a bunch of veggies when you have time and portion them out and put them in the fridge or freezer. Then you only have to warm them up and add the eggs.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I love mixing hot scrambled eggs and cold cottage cheese and pepper and hot sauce the heck out of them.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was just going to tell you that I eat eggs over black bean burgers, but they don't really qualify as low carb.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    dry fried courgette!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    bacon, sauted veggies (onions, mushrooms and red peppers in a little butter and folded into an omelet are delicious!), a sliced tart apple....
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Eggs with avacado, tomato slices, and bacon with some black pepper and a wee bit of salt. NOMS.

Oooh and I cook cottage cheese in with my scrambled eggs. It makes them fluffy and slightly cheesy.
  • dawnlouisem
    dawnlouisem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like poached eggs on top of sauteed greens with hot sauce.
  • shawnfxp
    shawnfxp Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Salsa. Ham. Baby Spinach. Cheese. Any of those or a combo or all woork well for me.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    cauliflower pizza crusts, what else?
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Steak!