Continue bulk or cut?

Options
So been working out for awhile and wanting to know if i should diet to lose the love handles or continue to bulk? Im around 85-90kg currently

Replies

• dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Current full body pictures are needed for accurate advice.
    In profile :)

• tequilastuntman
    tequilastuntman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    go on a slow cut, you'll look good

but never bulk again, that's for bodybuilders, you don't gain muscle faster anyway and being lean feels better
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You look like you are getting high in BF% so a cut might be in order, but what are you goals?
  • dwolfe1985
    Options
    You look like you are getting high in BF% so a cut might be in order, but what are you goals?
    kinda always been high BF so normal to me :) but my goals are just strength orientated atm.

• Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters, time to cut
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    dwolfe1985 wrote: »
    kinda always been high BF so normal to me :) but my goals are just strength orientated atm.

Well, if you are strength oriented and not worried about esthetics than just keep going at mainenance. If you start a cut you will have trouble gaining on your lifts but if you want to trim down that's the price you tend to pay.
  • SB0293
    Options
    Read from the experts :)http://www.ldnmuscle.com/cut-bulk/
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually cut down to about 7-8% and bulk up to about 12-14% then start the cycle over again. It's more difficult to build muscle mass on a deficit, but to minimize any lean muscle loss, you have to be careful to do a slow cut and keep the lifting up. I usually vary between 15 and 20 pounds from cut to bulk.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Then what even is your question?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Well, if you are strength oriented and not worried about esthetics than just keep going at mainenance. If you start a cut you will have trouble gaining on your lifts but if you want to trim down that's the price you tend to pay.

This.

This is also a good read:
    http://bretcontreras.com/to-bulk-and-cut-or-not/

*And yes, I realize I just gave people a space on MFP bingo...*
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

This.

This is also a good read:
    http://bretcontreras.com/to-bulk-and-cut-or-not/

*And yes, I realize I just gave people a space on MFP bingo...*

Don't worry, I still need a few more squares...
  • dwolfe1985
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Then what even is your question?

Because its normal was asking advice from people with a more objective eye :)