1 STONE TO LOSE!

Options
I am 5"2 and around 10 stone :( size 10-12 UK womens clothing. I'm wanting to get down to 9 stone does anyone have any advice? I regularly do gym classes 4 times a week and recently started replacing breakfast and lunch with a protein shake I make myself with some added fruit/healthy fats then I have my main meal after the gym. The only problem is when I have a 'cheat meal' I go completely off the rails for roughly 2 days and feel 10x worse and disappointed :( All advice welcome ... Thanks

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    stick to a calorie defecit, aim for 0.5lbs a week, include all foods in your diet so that you don't crash & burn and 'cheat'

if you do go over just log it and move on .. doesn't matter

don't replace food with drink
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log all your food and return a consistent calorific deficit.
    Unless you can maintain the deficit with the cheat meal (unlikely) then ditch it.
    Cheat meals only cheat yourself.

personally I prefer real food to protein shakes, but thats up to you.
  • courtney965
    courtney965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    stick to a calorie defecit, aim for 0.5lbs a week, include all foods in your diet so that you don't crash & burn and 'cheat'

if you do go over just log it and move on .. doesn't matter

don't replace food with drink

Thank you for advice. For example for breakfast I sometimes have oats, banana, protein powder and a tablespoon of peanut butter blender to ensure I include all foods so its not just a drink itself. However, sometimes I eat the porridge separate with banana instead of drinking it. I ensure I include all foods and don't miss out carbs, healthy fats, etc
  • courtney965
    Options
    Thank you 999tigger I find that I can go 6 weeks without cheating or even being fazed by junk food but as soon as I have the smallest thing that's it for me.
  • midnightryder92
    midnightryder92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion got by your picture you seem in perfect proportion the weight you are seems perfect you seem like a very active person so being that weight will benefit you in the long run and help to stop illness sorry it's not the answer you wanted xx
  • courtney965
    Options
    Thank you so much a lot of people tend to say I don't need to drastically lose weight but I would feel better within myself I think with being very short I feel frumpy. Xx
  • midnightryder92
    midnightryder92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I completely understand I am 5ft 5in so not much taller than you really some times it helps by finding clothes that make you look taller helps I have a very short torso but im all leg so by wearing skinny jeans it makes me look taller and slimmer hope this helps xx