5k week deficit for 5 weeks of logging and not a lb lost

Options
2»

Replies

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    LucyAndKay wrote: »
    I haven't looked at your diary, but I wanted to say that if you just started the exercising 5 weeks ago and you did only 2-3 times per week this is about the time you would start seeing results.

It happened to me as well and I don't know how to explain it properly, but after I had a baby and was left with 12 pounds to lose I ate less and went to the gym 4 times a week. And I worked my *kitten* for 2 hours every session with at least 20 minutes on the treadmill at 7 mph. There was no way NOT to lose weight. One month later I went on the scale and surprise, surprise I had the same weight, but I felt stronger, more muscular.

I think it's harder to burn fat than to build muscle. So, for a while, it will look as if you are constant or even gaining. You start to build muscle faster but under the fat which melts slower. That's why you see the muscles and you feel them.
    But keep at it and very soon you will see a drop in your weight. Just keep going.
    So much wrong here. You are not building muscle at a deficit. It's much, much harder to build muscle that burn fat.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    mrsmiley32 wrote: »
    Oh and it's mostly pre-packaged meals/Chipotle (what they list as nutritional facts). I travel a lot for my job, so getting somewhere to cook is rather difficult at times. However it kinda clears up "what did I estimate for my calories" vs "just consider I ate the whole meal when I actually only ate half because I got full"

Just for giggles, bring your scales into a local Chipotle one day when you've got time.

Have a good laugh. You'll need it.

• mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mrsmiley32 wrote: »
    Oh and it's mostly pre-packaged meals/Chipotle (what they list as nutritional facts). I travel a lot for my job, so getting somewhere to cook is rather difficult at times. However it kinda clears up "what did I estimate for my calories" vs "just consider I ate the whole meal when I actually only ate half because I got full"

Just for giggles, bring your scales into a local Chipotle one day when you've got time.

Have a good laugh. You'll need it.

Yeah, that's probably what's doing me in since there "precise" instruments are spoons. That's probably the biggest ticket, luckily I'll be going shopping tonight. So there we go!

As far as muscle mass, well maybe I'm not cutting but my arms have kinda gotten huge and when I flex you can't really see any fat on them, they have shape instead of being two long fatty pieces of meat attached to me, I don't know. Can't say why, same goes for my thighs, calfs, and gluts you can see/feel the muscles and see very little fat. This is all visual inspection.

Thanks guys, next topic post, how to get more protein into my diet and reduce the fat carbs.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The short answer is that you do not have a 5,000 cal deficit per week. Your total calories eaten February 1-7 was 15804, or 2258 per day, not "1600-2000" (Friday really killed that). If you are doing "somewhere between martial arts and yoga" every second or third day, you are lightly active at best so you are mistaken that at 250 lbs, 27 years old and 6' tall, you actually should need 3500 calories to maintain, the 2660 is probably close to reality. I know you say you aren't really eating back exercise, but I did see some questionable entries: 180 to 245 calories for three minutes of planking?
    Now imagine that you are 10% underestimating calorie intake and/or you are 10% below average in daily calorie burn (someone has to be). In this scenario your deficit disappears