Losing stomach fat?

Options
I've lost almost 30lbs total (now at 125) but still have a "sqidgy" stomach. My legs and arms are pretty solid already, just working on toning/definition and rest of my body is in good nick but I'm struggling with my middle area.
I understand you can't spot reduce but can I lose the fat from my stomach/tone it up without losing more weight (really can't afford to drop more)?
I'm actually getting quite bony (chest, etc) in some places, will my body 'even out' over time? I've just started, and already loving, body strength exercises (following You Are Your Own Gym). Just feel like I'll never have a flat, "washboard" stomach lol

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Well for me what works is eating a very clean diet, I workout 6 days a week, with 5- 30 minutes of cardio, lot's of protein. I also use weighted type ab workouts, heavy weight cable crunches ect..
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Unfrotuantely you can spot reduce fat. I have my fat stores as love handles and a belly and I am fighting to reduce them over time. Just gotta keep pluggin away.
  • sparklingday
    sparklingday Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can spot reduce fat. I have my fat stores as love handles and a belly and I am fighting to reduce them over time. Just gotta keep pluggin away.

a little Freudian slip there.... lol.... I think you meant to say you CANNOT spot reduce....
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    strength training for body recomposition. If you don't have access to weights, you could start with body-weight strength training. You can get quite far with just that.

YAYOG is a great program. I'm using the companion book "Body by You" and I'm already seeing good results.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Replying to follow. I'm in the exact same situation. At my target weight. Legs are ripped. Arms look good. Face is gaunt and shoulders are bony. Lifting heavy barbell program. Still have a spongy stomach. I want the spongy stomach to go away and not lose anymore weight. Eating at maintenance.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can spot reduce fat. I have my fat stores as love handles and a belly and I am fighting to reduce them over time. Just gotta keep pluggin away.

a little Freudian slip there.... lol.... I think you meant to say you CANNOT spot reduce....

Yup. That should be CAN'T