Acknowledging Hard Work

Options
Hello MFPals!

My second weigh in is today, I am 28 days in and feeling a million times better than I did 28 days ago. I wrote a post the day of my last weigh in , and I'd like to do it again. In fear that the scale may not reflect the hard work I put in the past two weeks (because we all know how disheartening it can be when you don't see the numbers you were hoping for), I wanted to take a few minutes and celebrate the small victories that I've accomplished over the past 2 weeks. I believe every small victory should be celebrated!

- Fit into my size 16 dress pants again! Even straight out of the dryer! lol
- Consistently kept up my gym regimen- making sure I'm there at least 3 times a week, which was above my goal of 2 times a week
- My exercise routine has improved drastically- from hardly being able to jog at a 5.3 pace for more than a minute, I am now able to finish 4 "Shredmill" circuits and still have energy to do arms, legs, and abs strength exercises (Note-Shredmill is a 9 minute Pinterest workout where you walk 3 minutes, jog 3, sprint 1, jog 1, sprint 1, and then do 20 strength exercises between each set. I do 20 pushups, then 20 sit ups, then 20 squats)
- Clearer, more focused head. It sounds weird, but my overall mental state has seemed to improve. Having a healthy routine has been good for my brain and seems to have calmed my mind during my whirlwind weeks at work.
- Keeping up with hiking with my boyfriend! I was always able to hike, but it was always overly-strenuous for me. Now that I am shedding fat, gaining muscle, and building endurance, I am able to keep a great pace with my boyfriend during out weekend hikes! We just did 6 miles last weekend!
- Being more aware of nutrition. I've really been researching the foods that I choose to put in my body, and it feels good to be able to make informed decisions, especially when we go out to eat.

These are just some of the things that I am proud of this morning, so whether the scale shows 0, 1, or 1/2 a pound, I have a lot to be proud of over the last two weeks. I want to hear from you, what are YOU proud of in the last 2 weeks of your weigh loss journey?