Shamless tooting...

Options
Firstly, I don't usually toot my own horn, that being said... toot toot toot!!

So I've just recently decided I'm way tooooo heavy, and started using mfp again.
Last night, I got asked to cover a shift at work ( I do customer service for a pizza comany ie the devil) had no time to prepare dinner for the family, so I ordered pizza with the intention of not eating it.

I didn't! I eye fondled it, smelled it, and DID NOT EAT IT. That is a feat in itself for me, as I have a nasty pizza addiction. mmmmm the cheesy melty goodness..

Then I went to work, (where almost every night someone orders pizza). Brought my salad, and tuna and veggies. I was offered a slice as well, and said NO!

Turns out I do have will power! who would have known?

just wanted to share my amazing will power, in hopes It will stay with me for a while.

i've just joined so feel free to add me and critique my food diary! All feedback is welcome!

Replies

• LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well done! It does feel good when you are able to stay focused and not fall prey to temptation. You did great. :)

I knew that I could do it when a group of us from my aqua class went to a well known bakery for tea (AFTER class... when we were all starving). I was able to order the fruit salad, and enjoy it, despite there being like 10 types of chocolate cake around me. I still have treats sometimes, but in small portions. I just plan them and make sure they work into my daily calorie goals, etc. It does feel nice knowing that I am in control though and that I have the will power to make smart decisions.

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    thought this was a thread about over consumption of brussel sprouts or cabbage

carry on
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    No way! No one can overcome the spell of the almighty pizza! Mmmmm... You must be a god!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought this thread was going to be about...

OP, congrats on avoiding a trigger food. I'm a fan of moderation, but I had a huge problem overeating bread and ice cream. I cut it out of the diet and then slowly started adding it back into my diet (although I'd have on serving while out, so I couldn't over eat). Hopefully someday you'll be able to enjoy a slice of pizza with a nice large salad to round out the meal.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options

carry on

Or Fiber One bars! LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ....not going to go there..

pizza is not the devil

continue...
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great job, OP! I was at my mom's over the weekend - my siblings bring over all kinds of home made treats and typically I indulge. But I also said no this weekend! I did have pizza, but a small amount - not the whole pie!
    -
    Cheers!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Not what I thought this thread was going to be about...

Me either.
    F7R7kJE.gif
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »

carry on

Or Fiber One bars! LOL

Don't forget to add cauliflower and beans to the list!
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Swap your chair for an exercise bike... eat all the pizza you can :P
  • Jennthebassjunkie
    Options

carry on

yes, I realized this once i posted.. but then thought, hey, its funny? right lol

• iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Is there a name for when you thought a thread was going to be about something else? There should be a name for it..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    pizza =/= beans =/= protein farts.

good job OP... but you got me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    iceey wrote: »
    Is there a name for when you thought a thread was going to be about something else? There should be a name for it..

We should call it, "Pushing the Bolus."
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I was totally excited to have a thread about farts.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Omg i was at the gym and walk behind this guy on the elliptical and he just cut it lose. Riiiip I was 2 feet behind him...

Its about farts now- go!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Can we hijack the thread? I like farting..