Not seeing results

Options
So I follow my calories and actually end up below my calorie goal once I put exercise in. My sodium is always high and sometimes My protein is too. Does that affect anything? If I go over my fat intake, would that affect anything? I do cardio about 6 times a week and strength train 5 times per week. I eat healthy.

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The high sodium might cause an impact with not losing. Protein number should be fine. As for fat intake it depends on how much you're going over. If it's just a tad bit it shouldn't be a problem. If you have a high fat amount that would be a factor. Try to hit your calorie goal as well. If you're below it try to be close to hitting your calorie number. Also knowing how many calories you're eating would help with knowing if you're eating the right amount as well. Hope this helps.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing every bite of food you eat?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With only 3 pounds to lose, you have to be VERY accurate in logging.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long have you been going with no results?
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    With only 3 pounds to lose, you have to be VERY accurate in logging.

Agreed. And your body may just like those three pounds...just because our mind thinks our body should weigh a certain amount, doesn't mean out body agrees....

• krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I may have gained 2lbs. I just want to watch my weight as I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle. But I know weight varies a lot and so much throughout the week and day, especially being a woman. I am logging everything. I am going to get a food scale to be sure but I never try to short myself on food and sometimes I may be logging more than I actually eat. I have been trying to just maintain my weight since I don't think I should lose anymore weight and am fairly happy with everything, just trying to work on gaining more muscle and lost some jiggle. I guess I should be happy as long as I am under a certain weight.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    krknobbe10 wrote: »
    I may have gained 2lbs. I just want to watch my weight as I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle. But I know weight varies a lot and so much throughout the week and day, especially being a woman. I am logging everything. I am going to get a food scale to be sure but I never try to short myself on food and sometimes I may be logging more than I actually eat. I have been trying to just maintain my weight since I don't think I should lose anymore weight and am fairly happy with everything, just trying to work on gaining more muscle and lost some jiggle. I guess I should be happy as long as I am under a certain weight.

Yeah, get that food scale. You're probably eating more calories than you think. ;)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Redoing your body composition (same weight but less % body fat) takes a different approach than losing weight. But a food scale is important no matter what you are doing.
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Redoing your body composition (same weight but less % body fat) takes a different approach than losing weight. But a food scale is important no matter what you are doing.

So what approach would that be?