Resetting your Metabolism? Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    The thing is, whenever I see someone claiming that they're trying to do this the right way after a history of starving themselves or taking dangerous diet pills, all my red flags go up.

I'd like to believe that you've learned your lessons and are fully committed to doing this properly. But a number of things in your first post lead me to believe that you're on the fence and are ready to jump right back into your unhealthy habits at the first sign of frustration.

So yes, take the advice that people are giving you and stick with it. But I'd also really, really encourage you to reach out for some help to deal with your past eating disorders and to work on your relationship with food. If you even see starvation or diet pills as an option, or are still clinging to the belief that the only thing that "works" for your body is to starve it, then you need to be tackling those unhealthy thinking patterns in order to have success.

Good luck!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

Did she say "mind f****"?? LOL
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    meinco wrote: »
    I think...from years of playing with my body's chemistry..I have completely shot my metabolism.

If that were the case, it would be impossible for your body to exercise vigorously.

I suggest opening your diary - the answers are almost always in there.