Daily calorie goal

Options
Is my daily calorie goal suppose to decrease as I lose weight? I have lost 5 pounds but it hasn't changed yet.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I think MFP either adjusts or prompts you to adjust after 10 Lbs.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think MFP either adjusts or prompts you to adjust after 10 Lbs.

this is correct, MFP will promp you to adjust it every 10 lbs, make sure you do if you want to continue to lose at the same rate. If not as you get smaller you require less intake to maintain, therefor if you eat the same amount your deficit will shrink and so will you rate of loss.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The less there is of you, the less calories you will need to consume. MFP adjusts your numbers after 10 pounds lost.
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MFP will adjust the calories it gives for activities each time you enter a new weight. As far as intake calories that's up to the goal you choose for yourself. My intake remained at 1200 calories through the entire duration of my weight loss because I continued to say I wanted to lose 2 lbs/week. It wasn't until I adjusted my goals that I saw that number change.

I did notice the difference in calories burned each Saturday when I recorded that week's official weight into the app.