Mom looking to have gastric bypass this year.

Options
I am a mom of 4 who is looking to loose the weight. I have started the process of gastric bypass and started to loose the 20lb they need me to to approve the surgery. I am working on this slowly but working hard. I would like to know if there is anyone else out their starting this journey too.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are a few different groups for people who are undergoing/undergone weight loss surgery. I would suggest going there for support. You will find alot of mixed views on the topic in the general forums.
  • bestmama2k15
    bestmama2k15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had a gastric sleeve on Jan 12. I am just one month post surgery and I have lost 40 lbs. Now I need to really adopt a healthy lifestyle. The surgery was an easy physical recovery but psychologically there are so many changes. Amazon has a book "the weight loss surgery coping companion, a practical guide for coping with post surgery emotions and it is helpful. You may want to check it out. Because weight is lost so quickly - your hormones go crazy and you are very emotional. That is NORMAL and it gets better. I wasnt totally prepared for the depth of the emotions - luckily it gets better in two -three weeks. Once you have surgery - you will meet many others in your daily life that just never mentioned it to you.
  • Barbsnow
    Barbsnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you it was a hard decision but I am determined.
  • Barbsnow
    Barbsnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the names of the groups? I have searched and gotten a few but they are from years ago. Not recent.