Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to keep going

hi all. I've been doing this off and on for a while now. I tend to go well for a few days then lose interest and fall into bad habits. I'm looking at losing two stone slowly so I can keep it off. Any help, guidance and support would be appreciated.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Eat foods you like and exercise as much as you want to, then you won't lose interest.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Friends + supporters make a world of difference!
  • "Love yourself and everything will fall unto place" and "I'm going to make you proud-note to self"

I always use these two quotes to keep me motivated. Keep on going. you can do it.
  • james_tew
    james_tew Posts: 18 Member
    Very much in the same boat. I go well for weeks, months even then go on a food bender. Just got to have that self control
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Figure out a decent plan that is sustainable for you, focus, then execute.
    Identify why you get into bad habits and how you intend to deal with them.
    Your on and off commitment is not really going to inspire about starting and sticking through to the end. Do you want to get to goal or not? How much?
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Mind set.. change it!!! Have a reason why you are doing this. Log log log even when you have had a bad meal, day or week. Keep logging. Week one... drink the required water, week two.. drink water and add steps into it, week three.. water, steps, make one change a day. Dont make it a diet!!! Make it a lifestyle change then slowing add changes you can live with the rest of your life. One foot in front of the other. Good luck :)
  • lindsaymoran
    lindsaymoran Posts: 4 Member
    I keep a load of thinspiration pictures on Pinterest and look at them to remind me of my goal. Admittedly I have just eaten a piece of chocolate!
  • VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Having some friends on here is helping me a lot this time round, because like you I also go great for a few days then eat something I shouldn't, don't log it, and then the slippery slope is underway and by the time I get off it I'm back to where I started plus those pounds brought along a few of their friends to join the party!.

I see when people are logging their food for the day and I like to go and check out their food diaries, its given me inspiration to stop eating the same foods day in day out, but to make changes - like eating more fruit.

But at the end of the day its only you who can do this, because unless someone is force feeding you then its up to you whether you really do want to lose the weight. Maybe write a "for" and "against" and come up with as many reasons as you can, for me it was just sheer laziness - couldn't be bothered to think too hard about what i was doing, eating bad food was easier than thinking about the good stuff, plus the effort in logging it every day.