How to stop the binging?

Options
I'm a food addict. I eat when I'm hungry, not hungry, bored, tired, angry, happy. I think about food all day long. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I eat. This has to change. The last couple weeks I did ok, I went over my calories some, but not crazy. Then last night I was getting into bed to watch tv and all I could think of was food. Once I started eating, I couldn't stop. As I ate the food, I was telling myself to stop, but some other part of me wasn't listening. I ate pita chips with pizza sauce and shredded cheese, then honey roasted peanuts, then more pita chips with cheese dip, then an ice cream bar. I felt awful while I was doing it and feel terrible today. I don't want it to happen again, but I didn't want it to happen last night either. I just feel, I don't even know. Any advice is helpful and appreciated.

Replies

• meegun1
    meegun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you just described me to a T! I did well for a couple of weeks and lost about 5 pounds and then the thought of food just took over me. I have been looking for any ideas also! Feel free to add me as a friend, when we want to binge maybe we talk it out instead.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    At some point, you just have to say enough is enough and change your behavior. It isn't easy, I know. As a practical tool. Try to plan your eating for a couple of days, throw in snacks along with you meals. Try to stick to that plan, if it works, tweak it slightly every few days till you can manage. I am totally shooting from the hip here, but that is my initial thought. Good luck.
  • meegun1
    meegun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Sugar seems to be my down fall for sure. I will try planning my meals, snacks, etc for a couple of days and see how it goes! A plan will probably work a lot better than my normal figuring it out on a whim! ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's my blog on halting a binge session. Perhaps you can try one of these strategies next time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A plan would definitely be helpful. I'll work on that. And I'll check out the strategies to halt a binge session. Thank you!