How do you log late night food?

Options
Specifically after midnight. I usually don't get home from work until 2 in the morning, and nearly always have at least a snack. Sometimes I don't eat my dinner for the day before until 3. Lately whether I log something for dinner the day before or breakfast the next depends on how much I had left in my daily allowance. How do you usually log late night snackage?

Also, there's always some talk about eating close to bed being bad for some reason or another, so I've been considering a hard stop on food after midnight, but given my jacked up schedule that may be more trouble than it's worth.

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter one way or the other. You're eating the same # of calories whether you log it on today or tomorrow. I would just pick one way of doing it and stick with doing it that way so you're consistent. I don't ever eat at that hour so in not sure what id do. Probably log it on the day before as a snack, since I hadn't gone to bed yet.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Agreed--as long as you're consistent, it doesn't really matter. Back when my youngest was a newborn and I was up frequently during the night, I'd use midnight as my cut-off for logging. Anything after midnight would go on the next day. And you don't have to worry about not eating past a certain time of the day--it won't affect anything.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I would just make your day be from sleep to sleep, don't worry about timing.