2 Questions I NEED answered

Options
Hi all,

My first question is do you think I would see more progress doing a workout video or doing the elliptical. Like I would do the elliptical for 1 hour on high resistance for a month. Or I could do a Jillian michaels DVD workout for a month. What do you think is better?

And my second question. Which Jillian Michael DVD would you pick. I already have 30 day shred plan so IM thinking either
Ripped in 30
or HARD BODY (which is her newest workout dvd.)
Here are the sneak peaks if you don't know what they look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBtZoO3R04 (HARD BODY)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbUXyaeX-BY (ripped in 30)

Replies

• mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Why not do both? You will probably get a better all-over workout from the video, but the elliptical is also good. Everything I've read recently leans towards incorporating strength training as quickly as possible. I'm trying to do body weight exercises as a new addition to my treadmill. If you DO decide to start with the strength training, be sure to do your measurements, because some weeks the scale wont budge, but inches likely will.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I would do the DVD's. It works a lot more muscle wise than elliptical as well as being more of a sprint/interval type workout than just doing elliptical.
    I did 30 Day Shred, I'm now doing Ripped in 30. I find Ripped in 30 a lot easier muscle wise than 30 Day Shred (of course now I'm used to the squats and lunges and such from doing 30 Day Shred). But the cardio aspect is still good.
    I think I will get more/better results when I do Insanity after Ripped in 30. I would try to look into Insanity or p90x
  • etscher
    etscher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd say do both. I just get bored on the elliptical, even if I'm watching TV, and that can be discouraging if I don't change up my workout routine. Maybe do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of a workout video?
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you have tried the 30 day shred and like the harder workouts with both cardio and weights I would recommend the Jari Love workouts she is awesome she's also very positive and her workouts tell you how much you are burning while you are doing them so thats kinda cool and I know they will work she has muscles like a superstar. :) Or maybe switch it up some and try a Kettlebell workout those are fun and great for trimming inches off the lower abs and hips etc and for sure will get your heart rate up there fast.