what's everyone eating to lose weight!!!

Options
Hello am new I have had a by pass and cancer and I gained weight?.. yes I would like to know does anyone have a good diet to folloe and do you make your meals ahead of time. Thank you

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I eat as I have for years, only reduced the portions. I made small gradual changes that added up to a big loss. I might make something like a roast on the weekend, cut it up and freeze it for meals during the week. There is usually a slow cooker meal ready too. I cook for two so it is easy to make too much.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The same foods that you enjoyed eating before....just less of them.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    The same foods that you enjoyed eating before....just less of them.

This. I'm going out for buffalo tenders (with a side salad) and microbrews tonight. I'll balance it out with some extra exercise and being a little under on my calories for the next few days. Hopefully I'll still have some room for the ice cream in my freezer too.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    what's everyone eating to lose weight!!!

Less.

But seriously. I eat everything I ate before, just less of it. I use a food scale to measure out serving sizes. As a result of calorie counting, I make better choices. I know that if I eat a lot of high-calorie, small foods I will be hungry as opposed to eating loads of veggies and lean protein. I still eat high calorie foods like candy, chocolate, ice cream, etc, but I portion control and eat them in moderation, instead of all of the time.

I pack my lunch and sometimes my breakfast every day. Most days I like soup because it's easy.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, avocados, rye bread, V8 juice, protein shakes, bananas, thin boneless pork chops, and fudge!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I just eat less than I burn.

So I eat the foods I've always eaten - just only as much as fits into my calorie/macro target for the day.

69 pounds down so far. Seems to be working!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Like everyone above has said. I enjoy my foods just eat less of it and move more. Except for my wine I find I have to cut that out until I can learn to control my intake. lol
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I still eat all the foods I love: fresh fruit, veggies, steak, chocolate, ice cream, fried chicken, etc. I just make sure to limit the quantities of unhealthy foods in my diet.

To stay on track, I make sure to weigh, measure, and properly log everything I eat in MFP. Thay way, I know exactly how many calories were in that fried chicken leg I ate last night. It helps keep me honest and losing weight. ;-)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What am I eating to lose weight? Around 1800-2000 calories a day. :smile: Basically, I eat fewer calories than what my body burns in a 24 hour period, and I do my best to make sure I'm getting good nutrition, with plenty o protein, carbs and fats...most of the time, anyway. I still eat pizza, burgers, drink alcohol and enjoy desserts, I just fit them into my daily goals.
  • amynik83
    amynik83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to eat fairly heathy, I have cut out sugar and bread, I normally do chicken breast with vegetables, brown rice with black beans, salads, and recently started doing a meal replacement shake.
  • Marieenya
    Marieenya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hartleys sugar free jelly is an excellent food for keeping away hunger with very low calories at only 9 calories per portion, check it out
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Foooooooood glorious food!
    We're anxious to try it
    Three banquets a day--
    That's our favorite diet!
    :)
    No, really, just less of what I ate before.
  • elysianlune
    elysianlune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid processed food, sugars, high glycemic carbohydrates, and foods rich in fat.

I eat around 1200-1800 calories per day but I count what I'm eating to make sure it's not too much - nor do I try to avoid important foods like fruits, vegetables, certain meats, &c. Eating highly nutritional healthy foods with good portion control is what I strive for.

• cricketTown
    cricketTown Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I changed my "treats" from the low-cal (but still processed) snack bars to red grapefruit slices!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I continue to enjoy foods "rich in fat" by keeping the portions to about a tablespoon, or the size to the first joint of my thumb. This includes peanut butter, all nuts, and edamame seed pods. I avoid deep-fried foods that may be higher in saturated fat or trans fats.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat food I like. I stick to my calorie goal. I eat smaller portions of higher calorie items.
  • zmac1018
    Options

Wow thank you all by asking I see I can understand it better it does not have to be just protein and I can have eggs and cut out sugar and less bread and the jam no sugar and bake my chicken and I think I will make 3 days of dinners. Thank you all again I was just eating protein and cheating here and there but than I got to where ( you know what ) and I was getting cramps and dizzy.. not good so I will change it up to lose weight..
  • zmac1018
    Options
    <3