Any Suggestions For a Food Scale?

Options
Hey, after a long while using this website and the app I have decided to buy a food scale. Does anyone have suggestions for a good one?

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I bought a basic digital scale from the brand "Starfrit". It was inexpensive, and it's been serving me well for the past 3 years.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Target has a great selection.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I hope I get more replies, but what I have so far has been great!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bed Bath & Beyond has several types and you can always use one of these coupons to save! ;)
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/food-scale

The one I have currently is a Salter it's round and shows the weight on the front and I'll admit sometimes it's hard to read with the shadow of the dish or whatever on the scale. But the scale has lasted me for years so I doubt I'll replace it before it dies.

Next one I pick up I think I'll get the square one that has a pull out that shows the weight much easier. That way you can see it if your food item extends over because it has a tray like deal that pulls out that shows the weight on it. OXO ?

The BBB link is up above just to give you an idea... of course they sell them most places... I'd go with the higher customer rating and features that draw you to it. Cheaper isn't always better but less costly can be just as good at times. ;)

Have fun picking out your new scale! :)
    Oh also check the archives and see what others have shared about food scales.. that's where I learned the tip on getting the pull out tray one.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love Bed Bath & Beyond! That is where I got the scale I use for weighing myself. :smile:
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got the Taylor brand from Target and I also got a Taylor brand scale for weighing myself on.
  • thatstheticket
    thatstheticket Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would appreciate suggestions also! I have been using a shipping scale all this time. It measures up to 60 pounds, but it's not sensitive enough to detect changes that are less than a few grams at a time, like when sprinkling on salad dressing