Non food rewards

Options
I was just curious to see how many people are using a non food reward system to help motivate them to lose weight? I always had a terrible history of having a special "treat" any time I felt like I was doing a good job or reached a goal.... Obviously that wasn't the smartest thing. So this time around I've got a few things that aren't food related. Like a hair cut and color when I hit onederland, a couple fun shirts for my half way and a tattoo when I reach my goal weight.
Anyone else doing anything like that?

Replies

• makemethick
    makemethick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! When I get to my goal weight I'm getting my hair cut in to a Bob. I've been buying summer clothes as I lose weight. Shopping for my new body has helped me stay motivated to keep working out and eating right.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Tattoooos! Haha. When I reach my major goal I get a new tattoo!
  • Great awareness that a food "treat" is really not a treat at all...typically. I usually do exercise or fitness or health related items (if I do treats). I started a 13 week running program once and decided that if I made it to week 7 I'd get new sneakers. I also sign myself up for classes or programs that are related to being active as something special...especially with friends that are interested or if it's something I've never tried...like orienteering, archery, or speed skating (haven't tried that last one yet but I still think about that from time to time). I also do massages or body treatments.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I build in my food treats, or have days where the calories are not an issue.

For rewards, I've been lucky. My roommate bought a handful of small (and some not so small!) gifts to surprise me with every time I hit a 10 pound loss.

New clothes, of course, but sometimes that's just pragmatic.

Craft supplies and accessories like purses or electronics (iPad, etc.) are my big ticket rewards. Also Levenger products.

I also bought a (moderately expensive) bicycle, plus the helmet, gloves, ankle wrap for the chain, lock, and basket. That all added up!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use non food rewards as motivation. Weekend trips, new workout clothes, new fitness tech toys, money sat aside from resisting the urge to eat out put towards an extended summer vacation. It definitely helps me stay excited and on track to reach my goals!
  • tonispiliakos
    tonispiliakos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm making myself a striped pencil skirt. I've already put most of the pieces together and attached the visible zipper. When I reach my goal weight, I'll do the final fitting, attach the lining and waistband, and hem it. Here is a view of my invisible zipper installation:hhc2i4ko2o4a.jpg
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm making myself a striped pencil skirt. I've already put most of the pieces together and attached the visible zipper. When I reach my goal weight, I'll do the final fitting, attach the lining and waistband, and hem it. Here is a view of my invisible zipper installation:hhc2i4ko2o4a.jpg

Ohhh LOVE it!!