Please help!

Options
Hi I'm new to this fitness pal thing, I used to be about a size 12/14uk, I'm quite busty so I want to stay abit curvy.
My baby belly is still hanging around & I feel like I'm getting bigger & bigger as the days go on.
My partner used to be obese & lost all his weight by just eating chicken & veg & cutting out all the carbs. I've tried this..... It's hard!!!
I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever, I am stuck in a massive rut & the more I feel led down about it the more I put exercising & dieting to one side. I tell myself " I'll start tomorrow/next week "
when I was 13 I was in a size 22/24uk clothes & I lost loads of weight & went down to a size 10/12uk.
I really need a massive kick up the *kitten* because quite frankly I see myself going back to that size again. It really plays on my mind, constantly.
If anyone can give me any tips or even that kick up the *kitten* I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!!!

Replies

• danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    It is a hard thing to get yourself into gear and start, but thats exactly what you have to do, just start, plain and simple, do what ever it takes, I personally shamed myself into starting by looking in the mirror and saying how i didnt like what I was seeing, the next day I started, only did 15 mins of the x trainer, then next day i went longer and so on and so on, im now doing wieghts, and training for rugby, believe in yourself and push yourself to just start
  • jemmamull
    Options
    It is so hard to find motivation. I know I can't blame anyone/anything but myself as I'm the one putting the food into my mouth. I don't really look in the mirror at my body anymore & I used to always get dressed & do my hair & makeup everyday & now I rarely do anything apart from clean the house & look after my son!! I have a cross trainer, which I've used about 3 times in the 4 years I've had it. I did join a gym but I just hate exercise. For some reason I cannot get around the fact that you have to exercise to lose weight, the way I explaining it sound stupid I know but it doesn't compute in my head. Tomorrow I'm going to shame myself big time! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post!
  • jemmamull
    Options
    Sorry there was me too busy banging on about myself- well done. You must be so proud of yourself for doing what you have done! ( i only last ed 5 minutes on my cross trainer lol )
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Danielabe1985 has some great tips! Baby steps on the workouts... do a bit each day and more the next. Also as He shared you simply have to 'start'! Oh not saying it's easy by any means but the day will come, or the moment and you will know that you can't go another minute without changing.

That's your sign that it's time. You signed up, you found the forums, you posted... you're here for a reason! Try not to think of all the lbs. you have to lose but of how great you'll feel eating healthier foods.

I can't give you any motivation as I believe that comes from within... dig deep and you'll find it! Inspiration can be found in the Success Stories section though...spend a bit of time over there and I think you might just find the inner motivation you need.;)

Perhaps your husband cut back on carbs but all veggies and fruit contain carbs. We NEED carbs ..we get our energy from them. :)
  • danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Trust me i know the feeling, i pretty much stopped doing anything 3 years ago just before my son was born, and for the last 3 years, ive put on weight, lost my fitness and generally been unhappy, thia affected things with my wife, and it just took me shaming myself one night, just that one thing to motivate me to change, not just my weight and fitness, but my life in general, my wife and i are happier now, we eat much healthier now and life is better