What would you eat before an interview?

Options
Good afternoon peeps.

I have a job interview tomorrow for the job of my dreams - new job, I will still be employed if I don't get it but, why wouldn't they hire me?. It starts at 11 am and it runs until 1:20. Right over the lunch hour(s). What and when should I eat to make sure I have the strength to do the interview and not have my stomach gurgling.

Thanks, Kristine

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I would just because I wouldn't want to feel hungry during my interview. And I would probably just eat my normal lunch.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Not mcdonalds. That smells on you. Nothing with sauces that might drop or spray on you.

I would go something simple like a chicken and salad sandwhich
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    chili cheese dog with extra onions….
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Fettuccini alfredo
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Something light. It might be a lunch interview, given the time.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at 10.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I personally would eat light (like a protein bar or something that is filling but won't linger) in the very early morning, or not at all until after the interview. It's usually advised to not eat if you need to make a good impression and think clearly, such as public speaking or an interview or taking a test.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Definitely something with beans and onions. Maybe fish, too.

Seriously, though, I would agree that it makes sense to eat early and avoid anything you know has a tendency to give you gas. Here's an article I found about that looks like it might have some decent source material for its suggestions.

ETA: You might want to check those links to make sure. I really didn't spend much time tracking it down.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to pass on the chili cheese dog. I need to eat. I don't do well on an empty stomach. I like the idea of eating something like a protein bar at 10.
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is one really long interview! Probably something light since most people have the stomach butterflies going during one of those.
  • jessrachel2191
    jessrachel2191 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you choose a protein bar make sure it's one you've had before that you know you're not sensitive to the ingredients in it. Recently I've tried protein bars with different types of protein sources and I find that some ingredients give me major stomach pains. Good luck with your interview!

My choice would be a PB and banana sandwich on Ezekiel bread :smile:
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Just a yogurt. Maybe a Kind bar. Bottle of water.

Nothing you might spill on yourself. And they may take you to lunch, or offer you food. Get something light, that does not need a lot of attention. Chicken salad...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Eat something that you know will not cause you gas or intestinal distress.

Anything is fine, as long as it does not fall under the two categories named above.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat your normal breakfast, and maybe have a tiny snack a half hour or hour beforehand-- or just wait until you're done to eat lunch (1:30 isn't that late for lunch). When I'm nervous, food sits weird with me, so I just avoid it until the stressful situation is over.
    I had an evening interview recently that went for over two hours, and half way through, the interviewer offered me a glass of wine! So maybe your interview will include an unexpected lunch offer? (LOL)

Good luck with your interview! I hope you get the job!
  • kardsharp
    Options
    Oh Kyylieeeeee, I am not sure wine in the afternoon would be such a great idea. I'd be hungover by 3.
  • kardsharp
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and good wishes. I think I now have a plan.