Hello, I'm a newbie. Starting a new journey with the low carb life style.

ake32
ake32 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Trying to lose 30 lbs by April. Started a new low carb diet. It's starting slow but it seems to be working.

Replies

• kalkidanassefa
    kalkidanassefa Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I jst started a vegan diet I hope it works I wanna loose 14kilos by June
  • owencassie
    owencassie Posts: 30 Member
    I started LC about a month ago and so far I've lost about 20lbs! You can do this!!!!!
  • ake32
    I have only lost 4 lbs and this Sunday will be two weeks. I started at 181 and now 177lbs. I don't know why I'm losing so slow . I even bought the key tone strips to make sure I was in ketosis. This first 3 days I used them I was at moderate but this morning I was at small. Do you use them?
  • cristinfaldetta
    cristinfaldetta Posts: 16 Member
    Are you following a specific plan?
  • ake32
    Yes it's a low carb high fat. But I'm leaning more towards high protein.
  • I've lost 11 pounds in 10 weeks. Very slow but at least it's going in the right direction. I use a steroid inhaler for asthma which makes weight loss slow according to other users.
  • heatherjwood
    heatherjwood Posts: 1 Member
    it works best if you have high protein , lean meats and fish , also watch the sodium , as lots of salt will add lots of water weight . I am on a 40 % protein, 30 % fat , 30% carb plan
    and losing 2 lbs a week , it is amazing that carbs are in everything even vegi juice !
  • ake32
    Thank you! I'm going to adjust daily goals and see if that makes a difference.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    If you are interested in low carb I would check out this group: they are a great group of low carbers. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-grouphttp://

It's not for everyone, but it works for me. The first time I did Low Carb strictly I lost 90 pounds. Which still amazes me. Everyone has different diets that work for them. I slacked off a bit last year, but am re-motivated now to loose the last 20!