Help Please ?

I Want To Train My Body To Eat Right , Instead Of Junk Food , I'm Stuck Right Now In My Weightloss , Becuase Of The Way I Eat . I Loose 6 Pounds And The On The Weekend I Gain It All Back, If Not More . I Really Need Some Help Am Loosing Motivation , Any Suggestions ?

Replies

• Oh dang! You sound like me. I do the same thing.. It's so tough! Keep ur head up and cut back on the sweets and exercise. This site is very helpful and motivating:) the best of luck to you
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Limit carbs to around 100 and sugars to as low as you can and you will lose weight by the fistfuls. Im down 24 pounds of fat and 43 to 35 inch waist in the last year. I added 5 pounds of muscle.

Get out of the house (or at least away from the fridge) but do NOT eat out of the house.
  • alyssamontezino

First of all, congratulations on deciding to change your life to the healthy side and choosing MyFitnessPal to support you along the way!.

Dieting can be fun, although your junk food cravings can get in the way of your goals. Dieting is not something that can be done over night, it will take some time adjusting to. I don't know how long you have been connected with MyFitnessPal. Take your time to adjust to the appropriate diet for you.

The weight you gained over the weekend is most likely water weight. For you to gain 1lb.. You would have to consume 3500 calories. 6Lbs over the weekend is tough. The treadmill or the stairmaster is your best friend! Try doing intervals to revv up your heart rate! HIIT is something that I strongly recommend! Look up more info on HIIT. It's not as boring as running at an idle pace. And the benefits are amazing.

Best of Luck to you and your lifestyle!
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

fdn.16.a459@gmail.com
  • Broaders1977
    Broaders1977 Posts: 5 Member
    As daaaaaaaaaaaaaaankcookie said, "it will take some time"

What worked for me was not trying to go completely healthy overnight. It was a process of identifying what in my daily diet was unnecessary and cutting it down over time.

First was realising how much carby food I was eating: toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch then potato / pasta for dinner. Rather than eliminating carbs entirely (you'll be miserable) I switched to cereal for breakfast, wraps or just salads for lunch and fewer carbs for dinner. I switched from cappuccinos and lattes to piccolos (much less milk) and stopped drinking high sugar fruit juices and switched to water (most of the time!)

By cutting down on sugars and carbs over time you'll find it much easier than going overboard straight away. Then you can start focusing on portion size and your macros.

Also - do weight training! If you're finding you're at the mercy of a few bad days it means your resting metabolic rate is too low. Building muscle helps your body burn calories when you're having an off day (plus you'll feel amazing - there's nothing like feeling strong AND fit)
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    As daaaaaaaaaaaaaaankcookie said, "it will take some time"

What worked for me was not trying to go completely healthy overnight. It was a process of identifying what in my daily diet was unnecessary and cutting it down over time.

First was realising how much carby food I was eating: toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch then potato / pasta for dinner. Rather than eliminating carbs entirely (you'll be miserable) I switched to cereal for breakfast, wraps or just salads for lunch and fewer carbs for dinner. I switched from cappuccinos and lattes to piccolos (much less milk) and stopped drinking high sugar fruit juices and switched to water (most of the time!)

By cutting down on sugars and carbs over time you'll find it much easier than going overboard straight away. Then you can start focusing on portion size and your macros.

Also - do weight training! If you're finding you're at the mercy of a few bad days it means your resting metabolic rate is too low. Building muscle helps your body burn calories when you're having an off day (plus you'll feel amazing - there's nothing like feeling strong AND fit)

Lol Thanks !
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino

First of all, congratulations on deciding to change your life to the healthy side and choosing MyFitnessPal to support you along the way!.

Dieting can be fun, although your junk food cravings can get in the way of your goals. Dieting is not something that can be done over night, it will take some time adjusting to. I don't know how long you have been connected with MyFitnessPal. Take your time to adjust to the appropriate diet for you.

The weight you gained over the weekend is most likely water weight. For you to gain 1lb.. You would have to consume 3500 calories. 6Lbs over the weekend is tough. The treadmill or the stairmaster is your best friend! Try doing intervals to revv up your heart rate! HIIT is something that I strongly recommend! Look up more info on HIIT. It's not as boring as running at an idle pace. And the benefits are amazing.

Best of Luck to you and your lifestyle!
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

fdn.16.a459@gmail.com

This Was Very Helpful ! And I Might Email You If Am Stuck Again Lol Thank You !
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Broaders is right on!! Work to reduce the carbs and sugars. And weight training for women is important too. You need to lift heavy weights to build a base of muscle to destroy that fat.
  • alyssamontezino
    Oh dang! You sound like me. I do the same thing.. It's so tough! Keep ur head up and cut back on the sweets and exercise. This site is very helpful and motivating:) the best of luck to you

Haha Thanks , Good Luck !
  • alyssamontezino
    Limit carbs to around 100 and sugars to as low as you can and you will lose weight by the fistfuls. Im down 24 pounds of fat and 43 to 35 inch waist in the last year. I added 5 pounds of muscle.

Get out of the house (or at least away from the fridge) but do NOT eat out of the house.

Okay Thank You !
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Are you by chance related at all to Jaden Smith?
  • alyssamontezino
    edited February 2015
    Are you by chance related at all to Jaden Smith?

No not at all . Why ?